Hacking cargo like vanilla EoC

More
18 years 5 months ago #18662 by JT
In Edge of Chaos, the subtarget function allows you to tag and untag cargo for pickup.

I've since added a call to the [J] key on my joystick's subtarget button, but was wondering if there was any way to patch this into Torn Stars directly?

Despite being a hobbyist programmer, I'm trying to avoid getting too deep into POG myself, just in case it consumes the rest of my life. I'm wanting to have a family and all.

[edit]Incidentally, I had the [J] key defined on my joystick, in my mode 3 switch for the subtarget function. Since Jafs doesn't even exist in Torn Stars, though, it was bothersome to have to switch modes just to tag cargo, then switch back to target another pod.[/edit]

"The art of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14340 by Hires
I'd like that too. I just met two of those autocombustable megafreighters at an l-point - more pods then I thought survived and I had a hard time targeting a pod, 1, 9, 8... next pod, 1, 9, 8... next pod, 1, 9, 8... next pod, 1, 9, 8...

I believe selecting the pods I want Jafs to pickup was a lot smoother in EoC - especially as I could do it with my joystick-buttons only. What does the rest of you think about this?

Whats worse? Knowing you are paranoid, or knowing you should be?

More
18 years 5 months ago #14342 by cambragol
You are both using the J key to hack the cargo pods I take it? You are just having trouble targetting the ones you want...What would be your recommendations on the best way to facilitate claiming lots of 'lost' pods? I am sure a direct keybind of somekind must be possible. Never tried it myself though.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14345 by GrandpaTrout
The "j" key should grab all pods within 20km of the player. If they are scattered wider than that, you just need to fly near them and press the "j" key again. It should work just fine with your joystick.

Once you have hacked the cargo pods, you can load them by commanding your wingmen to load all pods. Then they should pick them up just like pods that are dropped by a station.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14355 by Hires
Using the "J" key to hack all cargo in the vicinity is fine. But ocasionally I just want to dock a few of all the cargo thats floating around. In the original EoC one could target a pod and then subtarget it to mark it for Jafs to pick up (make it blue) - thats what I am missing a little.

Whats worse? Knowing you are paranoid, or knowing you should be?

More
18 years 5 months ago #14357 by GrandpaTrout
Now I understand.