New New Planets!

More
18 years 8 months ago #13462 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic New New Planets!
Don't threaten me.

I edit most of my posts over and over, because I feel I'm improving them. The way my posts read are very important to me. And I hope to get them finished before any replies are made. But I kowtow to no one. If I meant to say something demeaming about cambrogol's work, I would have. In no uncertain terms. There would be no editing to lessen the effect.

I don't know why your being so defensive, especially since this had nothing to do with you. I thought cambrogol had solved a nagging problem, it looked like he didn't, and I was angry with Lightwave 5.6, the end. You had to start reading things into what I was saying and announce that I was demeaning his work. But the truth is that I did already know about all those thing he mentioned. And I thought you did too. Cambrogol himself said he didn't do anything special and wasn't aware anybody had been having any problems with this stuff.

I didn't say anything that I didn't feel was correct or true. And I didn't attempt to assasinate your character. I simply questioned how familiar you were with the procedure. I wasn't trying to accuse you of having no skills, that was my response to your accusation of demeaning cambrogol because of a sour grapes syndrome. You did seem surprised to me that my models were made up of multiple meshes. If you weren't, then I read you wrong. Big deal. You told me the terrapin was your first model, and you finished it about the same time I started making EoC models myself. But I had been doing 3D work for years. So of course I already knew about how all those map channels work. I was trying to find their tie-ins to animation. And Logic Sequence was obviously wrong about the poly limits.

I thought the test ball you made was to test the various map channels in Lightwave surfaces. And every time I ask you about it, you tell me you can't remember what the results were. Or what settings you used. If I'm "wrong again", so what? But didn't you use every available map channel on that ball? Didn't it, as I said, show you that these channels work?

Now, I'm waiting to hear from cambrogol. So come on cambrogol, please tell me the good news that you don't have LW 5.6 and you found some obscure way to get map channels from higher versions to work in the game.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13463 by Hendar23
Replied by Hendar23 on topic New New Planets!
Lets all play nice.

Oh look! Shiney planets! Woo!

There is no enemy. Anywhere.

There is no enemy. Anywhere.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13467 by Qlippoth
Replied by Qlippoth on topic New New Planets!
Yeah, there was a misunderstanding, just drop it and get back to work on EoC stuff!

- Qlippoth

More
18 years 8 months ago #13498 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic New New Planets!
Yikes!

Actually, I do have lightwave 5.6, and essentially I followed the same process that Shane described. I was building asteroids and planets in 7.0, but then I set the textures up in 5.6's setup module. I think the only thing new here that I found was the change to the far_clip value. Changing that allowed placement of planet sized objects, which sparked the idea to make one featuring many of the texture effects that I had seen on ships and stations already.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13500 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic New New Planets!
I was afraid of that. Oh well, thanks anyway.

Keep plugging away, EoC really needs more modelers.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4