The Middle States Revived

More
19 years 1 month ago #18396 by GrandpaTrout
The Middle States

Several pieces of the Epic project have formed together into a new mod, The Middle States.

The goal of this project is to release a stable platform of code and tools that other teams can use to build new mods and new star clusters. We are planning a first release of player fleet handling and cargo trade this spring. Next fall we intend to release a rewrite of the PS traffic scripts. Those traffic scripts will allow Non POG modders to customize traffic mission. I hope this encourages other (such as Buda5) to create custom star clusters and other “Total Conversion� mods.

Cambragol has done all the art and sound in the new cluster. And will be setting up the trade content of the new releases.

Qlippoth is joining the team as quality lead (yay!) and will be helping tune ships and systems. (See Qlippoth’s Quality Ship mods on this very site).

We will be looking to expand the team once we get a solid working release out this spring.

Some of the planned spring features:
Hiring of wingmen.
Upkeep charged on all ships.
Capturing civilian vessels.
Hauling cargo pods between systems for trade.
New Star Cluster.
Player reputation changes depending on actions.
Factions become hostile to player pirates.

Features that are Not going to be included in the Spring: No Missions. No Dynamic Faction Wars.

We are all looking forward to getting some features released!

-Gtrout

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 1 month ago #12567 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic The Middle States Revived
I for one am very glad to see that the flame of this mod has not died. It may have flickered, and nearly went out, but now it burns brighter than before. I think there is hidden demand for a space sim that has two particularly components: a realistic 'newtonion' flight model, and trade. Isn't that what many people have been waiting for for years? Isn't that what X failed to deliver? (the flight model component at least)

More
19 years 1 month ago #12569 by Joco
Replied by Joco on topic The Middle States Revived
YAH!!!

More
19 years 1 month ago #12574 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic The Middle States Revived
Very good to hear gentlemen! :D Good luck!

More
19 years 1 month ago #12575 by Unheard Of
HUZZAH!

More
19 years 1 month ago #12576 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic The Middle States Revived

HUZZAH!

Hey! That's exactly what I was going to say until I read your post. Why'd you have to go and steal my post before I even wrote it?