Games won't play

More
21 years 4 months ago #3842 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic Games won't play
I did that and still nothing works. It plays the movie of 14 minutes
of iwar simulator when i push the button on the screen. I did what you said and then I pushed play I war. The screen on the montor went blank ( no picture black ) then it went right back to my desk top.
I waited for 10 minutes hard drive was running and still nothing.
Why is it so hard to get this to work. I even emailed Particle systems who made these games and never got an answer. emailed them
twice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 4 months ago #3843 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic Games won't play
Another thing you might try is turning off the DirectX DirectDraw Acceleration process. Run dxdiag.exe under the system32 directory. Go into display and turn this function off. You'll need to turn it on for other games, so the best thing to do is stick a shortcut on your desktop.

More
21 years 4 months ago #3847 by Pandion
Replied by Pandion on topic Games won't play
Plus turn off the hardware accel, and see if that helps.

Give it a good bang.....

See I told you that would fix it.

Give it a good bang.....

See I told you that would fix it.

More
20 years 2 months ago #8869 by toastrack
Replied by toastrack on topic Games won't play
I havent tried running I-War defiance on XP. BUT I played the original on a P100 just fine, a few years later I put it on an Athlon 800 with a GeForce2 with Win98 and got all sorts of game not playing and black screen dump to desktop crashes.

Until I turned ALL hardware acceleration right off. Then both Defiance and I-War ran fine. It might also help if you load the whole lot up to HD and mod the shortcut...I forget how....but I think that helped too.

...that's torn it.

...that's torn it.