Running IWAR

More
18 years 11 months ago #18436 by krisvek
Running IWAR was created by krisvek
I've searched the forums and I've done what was reccomended to get the game running on XP on a modern PC, but for some reason things arent working...perhpas I'm missing something?

I downloaded the glidewrapper (link me to it if ya want, so i can make sure i got the right one), I set the cache to less than 512mb, and I set things up for compatibility mode, but whenever I try to run the program, hardly anything happens. I get this error in the debig.txt

IWar 1.100 05/12/05 14:48:21
C:\psg\PSSYS\RES\RESMAN.C(145) : Verification Failure: ->No Available Memory for resource manager

what the crap does that mean?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 11 months ago #12989 by krisvek
Replied by krisvek on topic Running IWAR
something of note, is that this occurs no matter the shortcut...software or 3dfx, it still doesnt run

More
18 years 11 months ago #12990 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Running IWAR
It means that your swap file is larger than 500meg. You overflowed a variable and it wrapped back negative, making the game think it has no memory. So open your system properties and adjust your swap file down to 500 meg and you will be able to play. I had the same issue. Just remember to put it back.

More
18 years 11 months ago #12991 by krisvek
thanks for the prompt reply :)

to be sure though...how do i change the swap file? it IS the Virtual Memory page-file stuff, right? because that IS set to less than 500 (it's actually at 400)...what else could it be though?

More
18 years 11 months ago #13000 by krisvek
i have directx 9.0c, and my drivers are up to date

system is:
3GHz, 1.25 Gb RAM, and geforce 6600GT (with plenty of hard drive space)