I should know this...but

More
19 years 1 month ago #18376 by Warchild
Ok...I think I'm having a momentary lapse of reason here.
I recenty had to get a new HD p and running ( Other than the C Drive )
And I lost ALL the files for I-War EOC...even the downloads...and recently got them back. The only probl;m I have now is...well..this is embarassing..but...I can't remember where the bloody Flux.ini is.
UI found the Flux Log...and the Flux Configure...but no flux.ini .
Of course...when I had originally started playing I-War II...I had it on Win98...and I upgraded the MAin drive as it needed reformatting anyway...but...the E Drive I had at the time had everything already set.
I was able to locate everything I needed and WinXp just added things as needed..I think...cuz I don't remember having a problem locating the file before. Now..I have no clue where it ran off to.
Does anyone have any insight on this? I rememebr a while back someone made a post about it...somewhere...not sure if it was here or elsewhere...but it had to do with the nature of WinXP and how it changes the look of some files and opens them in Excel or something.
Am I looking for the wrong type of file now?
Oh well. Thanks in advance if someone knows...and even if you don't thanks for reading lol.
Guess I'm going to be playing without the Custom Jafs...cuz I like to know when the fta bugger is coming lol, and the default is set to "0" meaning I have no verbal confirmation..and as erritating as thay are...I like the complaints...its the only interation and voice you have in the game besides the distress calls
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 1 month ago #12464 by Second Chance
The flux.ini is in the main directory, same place as the log file. There isn't any reason you shouldn't be able to tell XP to open it with notepad. If yours is missing, then the game shouldn't work. It'll just lock up on starting. Better reinstall.

*edit*
Wait a minute, what do you mean "flux configuration"? The only other file with the name flux is the INI file. In the EoC directory, there are only two flux files:

flux.ini
flux.log

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 1 month ago #12465 by Warchild
Replied by Warchild on topic I should know this...but
Yup...those are the ones that I have...but...there is NOTHING for Jafs...nothing at all...unless I'm looking for the wrong thing.
I have them both in Note pad...but..neither one say LOG OR INI.
One says Flux Config...and the other that has all the DX files and stuff has to be the Fux Log..but I can't for thelife of me fin anything for Jafs. I mean...I know it has to be there...andI've done this before...I just cant findthe bloody file.
Maybe I'm looking too hard for it....then again...is it even in those files? LOL...this is driving me nuts lol
Cheers

More
19 years 1 month ago #12466 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic I should know this...but
Windows hides file extensions, under the assumption that the user is a total newb who cant comprehend anything after the dot. It does give a description of the format, in this case it will say 'configuration settings' under the filename.

Go to the control panel, folder options, view tab, uncheck 'Hide extensions for known file types'.

More
19 years 1 month ago #12467 by Vali
Replied by Vali on topic I should know this...but
To modify Jafs you need the Jafs mood here.
www.i-war2.com/downloads/custom_jafs.zip

Also for the data to appear in the flux.ini file you need to activate the mood and then call Jars for a pickup.
Then exit the game and you’ll see some data about Jafs in the flux file.

It’s not the size of the canon that matters,
It’s how much damage it does.

Vali

When a boss says “Go!” the leader says “Let’s move out!”

More
19 years 1 month ago #12474 by Warchild
Replied by Warchild on topic I should know this...but
Ok...I think I found the problem...
I activated the game and played until I would be able to have Jafs come in and get the cargo and then saved the game and exited the gama in order to change the flux.ini file.
I found it right where it was supposed to be.
I think the problem was that before my hard drive crashed, I never realizd that the MOD would alter the ini file. I thought that activatin the upgrade had done that in that instsance to be able to do that.
And seing as I've always had the game installed and ready to play un til recently...I never needed to go through that.
Thanks for all your help though, I really appreciated it. Now I can Start the game All over again and attempt to get back to where I was.
I completed te game several times...bu its been a while since I've been able to finish it again.
Cheers