i-war 2 demo does not work

More
19 years 2 months ago #18363 by Danculo
Hi, I just run on i-war 2 and downloaded demo.
When I start it and go to the training, it
exits after several seconds without any message.
My hardware meets necessary requirements.
Ca anyone help me?
Thanks!

Danculo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 2 months ago #12391 by Second Chance
Posting your system specs will help troubleshoot your problem faster.

You can also look in the install directory for a file called flux.ini. Open this with notepad and search for entry:
Code:
developer_mode = 0
Chance the 0 to a 1, then save it and run the game. After it exits, copy/paste the entire contents of flux.log (also with notepad) here in the forum. Please remember to use the code format button found above the message box when you post, so that the log displays properly. After that, you can set developer mode back to 0.

Between those two things, someone should be able to figure out your problem. Good luck. :)

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 2 months ago #12393 by Danculo
Replied by Danculo on topic i-war 2 demo does not work
My system spec:
Pentium IV 2GHz, 1GB RAM, ATI FIRE GL 8800.
Sound is somethink on motherboard.
Yesterday I updated graphic card drivers as well as
directX 9.somethink (the last from Microsoft.com).

Thanks for respose!

the end of flux.log:
DX7GRAPH: [unknown] Validating as first pass...
DX7GRAPH: [unknown] Shader setup function succeeded
DX7GRAPH: [unknown] ValidateDevice succeeded
DX7GRAPH: [unknown] Validating as later pass...
DX7GRAPH: [unknown] Shader setup function succeeded
DX7GRAPH: [unknown] ValidateDevice succeeded
DX7GRAPH: [unknown] Pattern "R" is valid for this device
DX7GRAPH: [unknown] Validation complete
SCRIPT: [unknown] active missions: 0-20
SCRIPT: [unknown] iUtilities.PlayerInRange: Unable to find radius of influence for location, using standin
FLUX: [unknown] (icCargoPod) Cargo Pod "Target *1*" [ID 0x6390, IFF Neutral, GRP: 0x638F, WORLD: map:/geog/badlands/mini_hoffers_wake, BR: 69.3] activates order ScriptedApproach with target (iiSim) Waypoint "*default*" [ID 0x65C1, IFF Neutral, GRP: 0x0, WORLD: map:/geog/badlands/mini_hoffers_wake, BR: 0.0].
FLUX: [unknown] (icCargoPod) Cargo Pod "Target *2*" [ID 0x639D, IFF Neutral, GRP: 0x638F, WORLD: map:/geog/badlands/mini_hoffers_wake, BR: 69.3] activates order ScriptedApproach with target (iiSim) Waypoint "*default*" [ID 0x65C2, IFF Neutral, GRP: 0x0, WORLD: map:/geog/badlands/mini_hoffers_wake, BR: 0.0].
FLUX: [unknown] (icCargoPod) Cargo Pod "Target *3*" [ID 0x63AA, IFF Neutral, GRP: 0x638F, WORLD: map:/geog/badlands/mini_hoffers_wake, BR: 69.3] activates order ScriptedApproach with target (iiSim) Waypoint "*default*" [ID 0x65C3, IFF Neutral, GRP: 0x0, WORLD: map:/geog/badlands/mini_hoffers_wake, BR: 0.0].
FLUX: [unknown] (icCargoPod) Cargo Pod "Target *4*" [ID 0x63B7, IFF Neutral, GRP: 0x638F, WORLD: map:/geog/badlands/mini_hoffers_wake, BR: 69.3] activates order ScriptedApproach with target (iiSim) Waypoint "*default*" [ID 0x65C4, IFF Neutral, GRP: 0x0, WORLD: map:/geog/badlands/mini_hoffers_wake, BR: 0.0].
FLUX: [unknown] (icCargoPod) Cargo Pod "Target *5*" [ID 0x63C4, IFF Neutral, GRP: 0x638F, WORLD: map:/geog/badlands/mini_hoffers_wake, BR: 69.3] activates order ScriptedApproach with target (iiSim) Waypoint "*default*" [ID 0x65C5, IFF Neutral, GRP: 0x0, WORLD: map:/geog/badlands/mini_hoffers_wake, BR: 0.0].

More
19 years 2 months ago #12394 by Second Chance
That's good. But the whole log would be better. The beginning is where all the hardware is recognized and initialized. Don't worry about the space it takes up. And also, use the "code" tags around the log when creating the message so it displays properly. It's the button at the top with the # symbol. Paste the log in between the two tags.

Your problem might have something to do with your sound hardware. MajorTom can probably tell you.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 2 months ago #12396 by Danculo
Replied by Danculo on topic i-war 2 demo does not work
Yes It's somethink with sound HW. I renamed the "resource/audio/music" directory and it works without music.

The whole log is quite big and It's impossible to post this replay with it. But I can mail it to anyone who could have any use of it.

More
19 years 2 days ago #12788 by Glux
Replied by Glux on topic i-war 2 demo does not work
Have an Avance'97 ACL650 Sound chipset onboard? If so, don't install the audio drivers from you mobo manufacturer but use the ones from the Realtek/Avance website, those really made for you audio chipset instead of some kinda wannabe adavnced software suite made by the mobo manufacturer :p
Had the same problem, fixed it with this solution, even got 5.1 up and running with IW2

Arrogance is the pathway to competition