EoC Play Disc Lost!

More
20 years 2 months ago #17940 by Shane
EoC Play Disc Lost! was created by Shane
I fired up EoC to check out the Spiff model yesterday, and... nothing happened. CD-ROM just sat there spinning.

So I figured the CD-ROM was the problem. I put the disc into my other drive... and the same thing.

So I inspect the disc and find a band of scratches around the outer rim of the disc. Cleaning had no effect... it will not run. [}:)]

Luckily, I made backups of both my discs about a year ago. I popped in the backup play disc and was up and running.

Has anyone ever heard of a CD-ROM physically scratching up a disc? It never made any grinding noises or acted strange.

I'm making a copy of my backup disc to store in case this ever happens again, and won't use the drive it usually sat in. It just seems weird that it would scratch it up without me ever hearing anything.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 months ago #8725 by Sivadrake
Replied by Sivadrake on topic EoC Play Disc Lost!
did your wife do it maybe?:D(just kidding). god knows nicole has threatend the well being of my EoC discs[:(]

"Dust to dust we're wired into sadness"

More
20 years 2 months ago #8726 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic EoC Play Disc Lost!
That's dependent on the length of the relationship. :)

A marriage only a few years old? Yeah, I might suspect foul play.

But get seven years under your belt... Hell, she'd replace the disc. And make backups. Numerous backups.

EoC keeps me out of her hair. :p:D:)

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 2 months ago #8727 by jumbo
Replied by jumbo on topic EoC Play Disc Lost!
Shane does it look like a head crash or marks caused by the still spinning disk scraping on the pads in the tray? There are various ways of running the game without the disks which are legal if you own your own copy.

Jumbo

<font color=gold>[wide beam,Marain clear.tra. @4.28.891.7393+]</font id=gold>
xGCU Grey Area
oGSV Sleeper Service
It's all right. Goodbye and farewell.

<font color="gold">[wide beam,Marain clear.tra. @4.28.891.7393+]</font id="gold">
xGCU Grey Area
oGSV Sleeper Service
<b>It's all right. Goodbye and farewell.</b>

More
20 years 2 months ago #8729 by Sivadrake
Replied by Sivadrake on topic EoC Play Disc Lost!

Originally posted by Shane
EoC keeps me out of her hair. :p:D:)

LMAO, maybe i should explain that virtue of it to nicole and she'd see it differently.....:D

More
20 years 2 months ago #8731 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic EoC Play Disc Lost!
@Jumbo: It does look like marks made by the pads. Somewhat flat and even. What would that mean? That I've got something out of alignment in the tray? I'll check it out this evening to see if a pads come loose or is misaligned.

@Sivadrake: I bought EoC for about $25 USD I think... over 2 years ago. My wife once said that it was the best entertainment deal, and she'd ever seen <translation: it keeps me from cutting holes in the walls as I get bored and add expansions to the house>.:D

You know, when I think about EoC's price and how much entertainment value I've gotten from this game it's obscene. I pay double that amount every month for satelite tv which is only watched occasionally.