EoC Play Disc Lost!

More
20 years 2 months ago #8739 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic EoC Play Disc Lost!
Hi Shane, sounds like some "dirt" got onto the tray. It's happened to me.

Actually it reminds when I dug out Wing Commander three, which had been up in the attic in its box in another storage box. When I opened the game box, all the CD's had "bloomed"** surfaces with wormlike tracks covering all or parts of the surface. Never seen that before or since.

** a term given to the affect a change of temperature causes reaction to gloss paint causing it to go dull matt with a rough serface.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 months ago #8740 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic EoC Play Disc Lost!
Thanks. I'll blow out the drive and do a close inspection before using it again. If it gives me another problem, I'll chuck it and buy a new one.

I think I'll start keeping two EoC backups in seperate, climate-controlled places... like in a fire-proof safe. :D

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 2 months ago #8872 by toastrack
Replied by toastrack on topic EoC Play Disc Lost!
Silverdrake dude.

what methods of legally copy-ing to HD and playing are there? I own my very own and much loved copy of EoC and would like to play from my very quick HD's.

...that's torn it.

...that's torn it.

More
20 years 2 months ago #8964 by The Old Guy
Replied by The Old Guy on topic EoC Play Disc Lost!
There is no storage media that won't eventually crash. I never, I repeat NEVER run my programs from the origional disk. I always use the backup to run the program. There is also an EOC game crack at www.megagames.com/gcracks.html that will allow you to play the game without the CD. You have to load your movies on the HD and the crack is easy to set up. Note: I am not a software pirate, I own a copy of every game I run a crack on. The crack speeds up the game because you don't have to continually load from the CD.

Have fun
The Old Guy

Reality is for people that just don't seem to be able to face Science Fiction.

Reality is for people that just can't seem to face Science Fiction.

More
20 years 2 months ago #8972 by They_HunGer
Replied by They_HunGer on topic EoC Play Disc Lost!
Hey tnx on the crack site... it really helped me out on my games that requires the CD.

There's only One oF us GetTing out HeRe aNd it w0nt be mE

~C.C. Rocks~

More
20 years 2 months ago #8974 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic EoC Play Disc Lost!

Originally posted by The Old Guy

Note: I am not a software pirate, I own a copy of every game I run a crack on. The crack speeds up the game because you don't have to continually load from the CD.

OK, The Old Guy, we have no reason not to believe you. It's ok to make a backup for your own personal use

Still, I don't like the link above.

You don't need a crack to run movies from your HD with I-War2 and it's not one of those games that accesses the CD every couple of minutes anyhow. You can even play a multiplayer game without the CD.

I think we should support the level of user oriented freedom Particle systems gave us with this game and not supply cracks or support the use of them in any way on this site.

Have Gun, Will Travel