How to force highres textures globally?

More
4 years 1 month ago #20779 by Lard
I want to prevent the pop up of midres and lowres textures in I-War 2.
I figured out I can edit the setup.lws for each ship and delete the min/max values like this: <detail_switch min=0.1 max=1.0> to <detail_switch>.
But it don't work for the Navy Fighter, because they are two similar ships in the setup.lws.
Can I edit it somwehre else for all objects?
The switch -hidef is not working for me.

I'm working on a highres texture mod for every texture of the game.
A.I. enhanced 4x larger, except for the mid- and lowres textures.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #20780 by IronDuke
A better solution might be to simply set the min=0.01, which will cause it to extend the highres texture much farther. You'd have to also set the midres texture max to 0.01 and the min to something less than that, and similarly change the lowres texture.

I'm not sure what you mean by "two similar ships" in the setup.lws; I just checked it and it seems to be entirely normal to me.

I'm really interested in how much of an improvement you're able to make to these textures. :) Think you might be interested in posting some before/after pics?

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
4 years 1 month ago #20782 by Lard
I tried your values, but the ship disappears. Maybe the Navy Fighter is buggy.
I still prefer a global solution for all objects.

There are two different Navy Fighter ships as textures, the regular one and a smaller single-seater.
They don't have a midres texture and share the lowres one.

Some of my before/after pics:
The Corvette has a new tail texture from a top view picture, maybe I add more new textures to the Corvette.

More
4 years 1 month ago #20783 by Lard
Because of links limit:

More
4 years 1 month ago #20784 by 7upMan
If I may, how did you do this? I mean, did you just change a value to use the high-res texture or did you manually add the texture?

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #20786 by Lard
The orginal game textures are max. 256x256.
After converting the raw textures with CorelPaintshopPro to png, I use Topaz Gigapixel A.I. to scale them to 1024x1024.
After Topaz Clear A.I. and Adjust A.I., I convert the textures to lbm format and add them to the game.

For comparison, in the red box is the orginal texture: