I War mod for Helium Rain in the works.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #20778 by d3rt13n
Hello everybody.

it's been a while, but I have not given up on creating a remake of the beloved I-War and I-War 2 franchise, and here are finally some results:

Screenshots

Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot
ibb.co/cDv2LTs

Youtube video:

The game engine is Unreal 4 Helium Rain which can be freely downloaded from the Epic Games store at no charge whatsoever.

The game itself is called Helium Rain - a sandbox game with Newtonian Physics. A masterpiece in itself, that has been released with a complete engine to create mods at your hearts content.

You can get it on Steam or on Gog.

I will get a mod release going for you guys/gals here in a few days. It will be a WIP so bear with me.

Credits to the model go to this developer:

Craig Clark (Mister Rottweiler)

Have a good day

Dertien

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #20781 by IronDuke
Wow, nice job! I'm fascinated to see how this goes. Best of luck to you!

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
4 years 1 month ago #20785 by 7upMan
Best of luck from me, too. I have Helium Rain in my sights for quite some time now but could never justify to add another game to the pile of shame.

More
4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #20792 by d3rt13n
Okay...

For now a test version is online:

Here is the link to the download if you have the Steam Version. Click the subscribe button, wait for the file to download and you are set.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2027972380

For those who would like a vesion for GOG

1) download here: www.mediafire.com/file/8330piozg0664rq/I-War_Test.pak/file
2) copy the file to GOG games\HeliumRain\HeliumRain\Content\Paks

Start the game and choose Skirmish

Remember to configure the NSO Corvettes with the PBC turret available in the loadout screen.

Enjoy

PS as an added bonus, I have added 5 extra ships to the Helium Rain game as well using assets from the game. They are included in the mod above.

The ships are:

- Kelvin (scout class)
- Starfish (cutter class)
- Solaris (3 different versions of freighters)
- Basilisk (Blockade Runner)
- Bismarck (Blockade Buster)

Screenshots can be found here:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2014716287

I added the music from Mr Mann as well, but HR doesn't seem to register it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 7upMan

More
4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #20793 by d3rt13n
@ IRONDUKE

Thank you :-)

I came across a thread here that you were working on an UR4 engine version of I-War.2 .... is this still in development?

Best of luck if you are still working on this too.

@7upMan

Thanks

Yes, it took me a while to appreciate Helium Rain, but now that I have found it and its easy to modify modding engine. That's all I'm playing at the moment. Do not regret the 15 usd I spent on it and spent another 15 USD on the GOG version to have an offline installer. Great game.

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #20794 by IronDuke
Using the Unity engine actually, yes. It's still in development and getting very close to a playable combat alpha. Vehicle troubles combined with the current global situation have slowed it, but that's not unusual; it often gets slowed.

I have a thread here about it, and the second post in that thread has a nice to do list so you can see what's been done to making the alpha. :)

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)