Please help!

More
17 years 2 months ago #18944 by cmschulz14
Please help! was created by cmschulz14
Could someone give me clear instructions on how download MultiMod. And also, could someone give me clear instructions on how to download the mods, UniGui V2a, UniGUI Future Trader V2a, and UniGUI Station Assult V1.0a ? I do not know how or where to download this, nor do I know where to do this...example beblow'

<font color="red">
[Info]
display_name = "My Mod"

[Multimod]
start_new_game =
start_session =
end_session =
enter_base = iMyMod.BaseStuff
exit_base =
enter_space = iMyMod.Initialise
final_setup =
exit_space =
enter_system =
exit_system = </font id="red">
Where is that?(the example in red bold)Scince I do not how to do MultiMod downloads at all, I would really be greatful if some one helped. Thanks.

Death to Mass and Marauders!!!

Death to Maas and Marauders!!! Anyone mess with me, then you're asking to die!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16016 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Please help!
Go to the home page for this site (home link at top). Then go to the downloads page. Then look scroll down to the Particle Systems mods until you find Multimod (or use the Find feature on your browser).

Then click "Assoc Mods" on the far right menu. Then look for UniGui and the other mods you have listed. Download those.

Place all the mods into <eoc install directory>/mods folder (for me this is d:/iwar/mods).

Then start the game. When the main menu comes up, click on "Extras". Go click on a mod to turn it on. The mods you have listed will work with the normal game, so load one of your save games and you can play.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16018 by cmschulz14
Replied by cmschulz14 on topic Please help!
Thanks for your help. However, i read the README file for the Future Trader Mod and it said to press Ctrl, Alt, and "u". When you dock to a station and press that combo, a trade screen is suppose to pop up. But when I did that, my ship just undoked from the station becase i had pressed u, and that is part of the combo. Whats the problem? Do you know?

More
17 years 2 months ago #16039 by cmschulz14
Doesnt ANYBODY know??? I really want to use these mods. Whats the problem?

More
17 years 2 months ago #16040 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Please help!
Did you edit your control configuration? Follow the install instructions in the mod to setup the keybindings.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16042 by cmschulz14
OK, I could not find the install instructions in the mod to setup the keybindings. Which one are you talking about. However I went to - C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Independence War 2 - Edge of Chaos\configs and edited the controls. I told it to undock my ship when I pressed "/" instead of "u". However when i went back to the game, docked to a station, and pressed the combo, and nothing happened. And yes, I checked to see if the mods were on. The station will say, " Welcome Cal Johnston, this staion is UniGUI compatible. Even though it says that , like i said before, nothing happens. I know i must be a pain to keep asking questions like this, but i just can't seem to get it to work. Do you know how to solve this?