CustomJaffs doesnt work despite everything else

More
20 years 3 months ago #17907 by ShrimpCrackers
I put Custom_jafs.zip into the mods folder, and went to extra's and activated it and then got into Touchdown-L and pirated some cargo which jafs took and we all went home then I saved. However when I went to Extra's again, I noticed that Custom_Jafs was unclicked. So I clicked it and exited from the Extras Menu. When I came back it was unclicked again. No matter what it wont modify my Flux.ini file... =(

Please help! thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8468 by Shane
Try manually placing these lines in your flux.ini file:

[CustomJafs]
jafs_cargo_loading_delay = 0
jafs_comments = 0
jafs_ship = ini:/sims/ships/player/colossus

Then give it another try.

Note that in the last line I use the colossus freighter. If you want to use another freighter (such as the Venice freighter), just write it's new filepath in place of the colossus filepath.

But you should really try out the Colossus with the turbopods mod on. These two combined shuffle the cargo fast.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 3 months ago #8469 by MajorTom
Check the attributes of your flux.ini.
maybe it's set to read only.

You'll probably notice that anyhow though, if you try to change it manually like Shane suggested.

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 2 months ago #8492 by ShrimpCrackers
Okay I figured out the problem...

Turns out its rather simple. If you ever run any mods "Unzipped" (I did that before I found out you weren't supposed to unzip them and just place em there... haha TOO convenient) in the Mods folder it does something bad to the game. Future mods wont run properly.

This must've done something wrong to the game. So I simply reinstalled the game and now MODs work. Sorry for the trouble!

More
20 years 2 months ago #8801 by EvolutioN
Be aware that with custom Jafs activated you cannot finish the game, in the second act some cargo dude named Jervis is supposed to mail you but if you have custom Jafs activated the mission script is messed up and that dude won't mail.

Grtz,
Evo

The sum of all fears..!!

More
20 years 2 months ago #8810 by Phatose
? I've finished the game with custom Jafs plenty of times.