New Mod Coming Soon!!

More
7 years 11 months ago #20186 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic New Mod Coming Soon!!
Ja, ich lerne Deutsch auch. :) Might I say, Chessking, that verbs do not use "bin" beforehand? Also the word endings were a little messy; your sentence should have been "ich lerne Deutsch." ;)
Also, I'm pretty sure "ja" and "jawohl" aren't completely interchangeable, although it's close. Jawohl would essentially translate to "yes indeed," basically being more affirmative than simple "ja."

As regards the next mod name, I was just goofing off with this one. I highly doubt I'll be able to make the next mod start with "z." :lol:

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 7upMan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #20188 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic New Mod Coming Soon!!
Yes, I have a lot more to learn. I couldn't remember how to properly spell those words, so I used Google translate. I don't think I will do that again. :lol:

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
7 years 11 months ago #20189 by IronDuke
Haha, Google Translate has betrayed me many times before. One time I showed a German sentence I wrote to my mom. She doesn't know German at all, and put it into Google Translate. I then had to pull out my German-English dictionary, my German workbook, and the grammar book as well and work for the next two hours proving why I'm right and Google is wrong. :sick:
Fun laughing about it afterwards, but I would NOT want to go through that again.

@7upMan: Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
7 years 11 months ago #20190 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic New Mod Coming Soon!!
I am pretty sure 7upMan speaks German, he has referenced German sources before.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
7 years 11 months ago #20191 by 7upMan
Replied by 7upMan on topic New Mod Coming Soon!!

IronDuke wrote: @7upMan: Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

--IronDuke

IronDuke, Du kannst mich gern Duzen (also Du zu mir sagen). Sie ist doch sehr förmlich. ;-)

Yes, I am a German, just like Schmatzler. I think back in the day, the German I-War community was quite big, because when I talk to my peers (like the folks in my MWO clan) about games of the past, I-War is quite fondly remembered.

More
7 years 11 months ago #20192 by IronDuke

7upMan wrote:

IronDuke wrote: @7upMan: Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

--IronDuke

IronDuke, Du kannst mich gern Duzen (also Du zu mir sagen). Sie ist doch sehr förmlich. ;-)

Yes, I am a German, just like Schmatzler. I think back in the day, the German I-War community was quite big, because when I talk to my peers (like the folks in my MWO clan) about games of the past, I-War is quite fondly remembered.

(Don't know how to say "gotcha" auf Deutsch. :silly: )

Yeah, I'm noticing an immense amount of mod content and other fan stuff created by Germans, as well as some other things.
Glad to hear that a lot of people still remember the game.
Warning: Spoiler!

--IronDuke