Gui Window handles and other questions

More
16 years 7 months ago #19024 by Suvetar
Hi Folks,

Is it possible for me to get a reference to an existing game window, with pog ?

Basically I want to obtain a reference to icHUDContactList and increase its height so that I can make use of the screen estate I have at 1600x1200

Is it possible to ask the Engine to tell me the name of the nearest astronomical object ? I'm thinking about a mod to allow you to bookmark spots in space (i know theres a UNIGui mod similar to this but I want to try my own hand!) but give you some flexibility in naming and organisation.

Lastly; Another thing I'd like to do is change the colour of either the gui buttons or the cursor as the yellows and oranges are practically indistinguishable on a TFT screen!

I'm a C# coder in real life so don't be afraid to him me with technical details; but I am new to Pog and looking forward to getting my feet wet.

I've been reading through the CHM and I've just overwhelmed by the Details that Particle went to, to get Scripting into this game; it's an incredible achievement! It's a shame that they were taken over as they were; I think this POG system could have given LUA a run for its money...

Anyway, Thankyou very much if you can help out at all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #16610 by Suvetar
Actually, scratch the 2nd question - I've just noticed that the UniGUI mod has the source with it; Thanks Nanoprobe!!
If you can answer the get the closest astronomical object's name question though, I'd be very greatful :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.