future trader mod

More
18 years 8 months ago #18531 by Oren
future trader mod was created by Oren
i downloaded the unigui mod also that is required to make the future trader mod but i have a different kind of problem now.
it says i need to press ctrl alt and U when docking to a station(that says they are unigui compatble) in order to show the trade window, but if i press u the ship undocks even if the alt and ctrl buttons are pressed already. can i somehow change the trade window activation keys?

thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13552 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic future trader mod
Did you set up the keybindings as directed in the readme? If you dont, then the game will recognise the u and undock. If you did, make sure you did it in the correct config file.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13554 by Oren
Replied by Oren on topic future trader mod
ok i tried it again but i'm still missing something. i copied the content of the unugui note file from the future trader zip file and after it didn't work i copied it from the unugui zip file. i pasted it into the keyboard only file in the configuration section because i use the keyboard in the game. but still when i press u the ship undocks from the station so did i do something wrong? i followed by the instructions of the unugui mod and the future trader instructions also.

it a cool mod so i don't want to give up before i try every option

More
18 years 8 months ago #13555 by Oren
Replied by Oren on topic future trader mod
sorry for the spelling, i'm tired

More
18 years 8 months ago #13556 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic future trader mod
The relevant section in the config should look like:
Code:
[zzUniGUI.UniGUIToggle] Keyboard, U, CTRL, ALT

If thats correct, then I'm not sure what else to suggest. You do have the multimod installed? I'm not entirely sure what a lack of that one would do, but it wouldnt be good. And the uniGUI and multimod mods are enabled? Or, you could try editing the keybinding to something other than CTRL+ALT+U.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13557 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic future trader mod
default.ini is the file used when you have a joystick. The keyboard only is for use if you have no joystick.

The next issue is to make sure the mod is enabled. Sometimes you have to turn the mod on in the extra screen, and then quit the game, and then restart the game. This allows the mod to start at the same time as the game.