SHIPS! SHIPS! SHIPS!

More
19 years 9 months ago #11108 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic SHIPS! SHIPS! SHIPS!
There would also be a lot fewer accidents if the dopey pilots would exit the L-points and keep going, instead of stopping and just sitting there having a cigarette going, "Well gee-willikers Bubba, we made it through another one. Let's have a beer."

But seriously, what you're talking about for convoys would definitely mean a few new Pog scripts. The L-point locations are fixed in the map file (although you could probably Pog them into new locations), but the exit area size is up for grabs. I'm willing to bet it's hard-coded into the program though.

Why don't you try fiddling with the L-point minimum and maximum exit speeds in the flux.ini? I've come up with some hilarious results that way.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11121 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
*luaghs at gee-willikers comment*

Second chance is right on about the AI, if they could just move 20km away from the L-point that would solve so many problems.
i personally think that if they could randomly exit from slightly different locations. If Blue is backwards and Red is front then i would say they should randomly exit more left/right and up/down.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
19 years 9 months ago #11140 by Kenf
Replied by Kenf on topic SHIPS! SHIPS! SHIPS!

Originally posted by Jwk the Hemp Monkey

*luaghs at gee-willikers comment*

Second chance is right on about the AI, if they could just move 20km away from the L-point that would solve so many problems.
i personally think that if they could randomly exit from slightly different locations. If Blue is backwards and Red is front then i would say they should randomly exit more left/right and up/down.

but that is key to getting bazillions of pods! , you hang about just above the green bit of the L point facing the red cone , and shoot everything no matter what they are (red blue , yellow) as they jump in which gets you immense amounts of cargo 200+ in a few minutes.

This inturn makes a giganitic mine field of pods which causes hot exits where SNRVs come out at 500km/s hit the pods get damaged and either explode or spin giving you an easy shot.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11145 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Sounds like an exploit to me :P you should work HARD for those pods, not just reap them by the hundreds

More
19 years 9 months ago #11149 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic SHIPS! SHIPS! SHIPS!
Naw, reaping is good. If you had to be clever enough to figure out how. And not just have someone tell you. Ironically, isn't that all exploits really are? Getting rewarded for being smarter than the next guy, lol.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 9 months ago #11157 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Well, if i spend hours and hours balencing the game so its difficult and fun, then someone comes along and then is 'smart'...which really is not much of a triumph given that your against a COMPUTER...well its a little annoying. I would very much like to see this removed/become much much harder to do.

Perhaps mabey make it so that if one does do it....a Wing of police fighters and patcoms comes your way. Or mabey pirates or corps...depends on the system.