Deathblow Rem Explosion.

More
19 years 9 months ago #18183 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Is it at all possiable to make the Deathblow REM explosion a double explosion? That is to say it would have the exact same one it has currently, and a tiny 50 m wide antimatter explosion in the core.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11147 by GrandpaTrout
I think antimatter explosions only exist to damage Aliens. Otherwise, they have no extra effect over standard explosions. Perhaps you could change the explosion model, if you want something that looks a little different?

-Gtrout

More
19 years 9 months ago #11154 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
well yes, i want it to remain the same....just to have a little fast antimatter animation right in the centre. The encylopidea dictates that it has antimater inits core to enhance the thermonuclea explosion.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11312 by lo-tekk
Replied by lo-tekk on topic Deathblow Rem Explosion.
In the resource.zip under sims/weapons/ you find the ini-file for the antimatter missile.
There you find:
Code:
; Missile properties - no need for penetration/damage since AM explosions ; take out anything and everything lifetime=30 ; Huge antimatter explosion antimatter_radius=2500
So you could create a altered version of the deathblow_remote_missile.ini i think by altering the Missile properties section and adding this antimatter_radius as needed. But this will be an instant kill.
Or you have to find all the deathblow missiles in a certain radius and attach a new deathscript to them. This deathscript has to create a new explosion of a certain type might found in sims/eplosions/. In the SDK-Help there's an example how to create an explosion for a deathscript.
Code:
task Antimatter( hsim sim ) { hsim blast = Sim.Create ( "ini:/sims/explosions/10km_antimatter_explosion", "Big Bang" ); Sim.PlaceAt ( blast, sim ); Sim.Destroy ( sim ); }
But i am not that advanced to give the working solution yet.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11316 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
What woudll be best is *two* explosions. the normal death blow remote one and a really fast tiny anit-matter explosion.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11318 by GrandpaTrout
Lo-tekk has a great idea, the death script might be modified for this use. There is no built in "script hook" for a bullet or missile exploding - so there is no way to "do something special".

-Gtrout