Rookie could use help with the Belrano mission

More
21 years 3 months ago #17684 by Phil5000
I've just started playing and I did ok until the Erand Boy mission to take cargo from the Balrano. I'm sorry to sound all wussy but I just keep getting killed. He goes I'm gonna mince ya and I go boom. Even if I kill both ships I die a second afterward. I'm guessing I get hit by a missle so my question is how do I drop decoys to avoid this?
Or should I leave this mission until I upgrade my ship a bit?
I could also use some tips on how to get going with the game in general. The manual is sketchy and I'm not sure what to do.
I hope I don't sound too lame to you vets but like I said I'm just beginning.

Thanking you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 3 months ago #4772 by jojobird
Everyone was a beginner at some point, ant that is after all the best possible way to become a veteran:p.

The easiest solution to deal with that mission would probably be to use thruster overrides and hope for the best. You will be using thruster overrides extensively later in the game) It's just a matter of improving your flying and combat skills. Try do damage them before they damage you(like you didn't know that), weapons are usually effective only at a relatively short range (what you have deals serious damage only under 3-4 km, preferably 2), try arming your tug with the best you have (it's really practically nothing at the time you are playing.

Just in case, patch tha game.

Regards, Sergej

Regards, Sergej

More
21 years 3 months ago #4775 by Shane
Agreed. Get the jump on them. Find out the name of the ship which is protecting the Belerano. Next time, line that sucker up in your sights before they go hostile.

When you're outnumbered, focus on one ship only. Target one, try to get on his tail, and let him have it until he goes bye-bye. Then deal with the other.

It takes a little pratice. EoC is one of the few games that had the guts to implement a sharp learning curve for the player. That curve is what keeps the game so enjoyable.

Remember, the thrust overrides (keys W, A, D, and S) are very powerful in the game. Pilots who use them to weave and dodge while fighting have the advantage.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
21 years 3 months ago #4781 by Phil5000
Thanks for the advice, I managed to kill them and swipe the cargo pod, now the next probelem... I returned to Charlsworth station and what now? I can't dock because I'm docked to the cargo, I tried approaching the station and undocking in the hopes someone would be sent to pick it up but nothing happens. What am I missing?
Also, about the missle decoys... do you have to lauch them manually or are they supposed to do it automatically?

Thanks again.

More
21 years 3 months ago #4782 by Shane
You just drop off the cargo near the station and then dock to the station. But drop it off near the station. Like within 10 km.

The decoys fire off automatically, but, with the lower-tech the player starts of with, they tend to just sit there. As you progress through the game you'll have chances to get better decoys, which actually launch when a missile is after you. :D

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions