Act 3 never starts

More
21 years 3 months ago #17681 by noscar
Act 3 never starts was created by noscar
I have been trying to finish Act 2 for two years now. I have done everything as far as I know. The last e-mail I received was from Franklin Hoffa telling me to "help out the MCA in Mawuri." That was two years ago. He gives no further instuctions and I have helped out the MCA and made millions in the process but I am anxious to get on with it. Mr. Hoffa is still hangin out at Lucrecia's base. lol
I have been using the WalkThrough mod for a year and have completed Act 1 and 2 many many times over the years and still I am stuck in the same place..Any suggestions??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 3 months ago #4675 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Act 3 never starts
Okay... First: What is the last e-mail you received? You don't have to type it out, just give us the title. That will tell us where you are in the storyline.

Second: Exit the base. Once in space, press CTRL - O That should list the objectives screen. Tell us what's listed there.

Without these two bits of info, it's difficult (if not impossible) to determine what the game is waiting on.

Third: Is your game patched? Did you download and run the eoc_patch2.exe? If so, your game version should be 14.(something). If not, the game version is 12.(something).

EoC suffered from some confusion about the missions. Sometimes you really had to hunt for what you needed to do.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
21 years 3 months ago #4688 by noscar
Replied by noscar on topic Act 3 never starts
I am running Version: F14.6..also have Jackson Yard patch

Last e-mail is from Franklin Hoffer....Worrying news from the Kong

Objective screen reads:
Act Two..The Badlands
Incomplete: Find help to combat Marauders in other systems.
Incomplete: Find enough pilots to fly MCA fleety vessles

I have flown everywhere available (I think) and completed all missions before and after these objectives appeared early in act two. Most told me they could'nt help and to come back...I have many times

Thanks

More
21 years 3 months ago #4693 by Shane
Okay. That's enough to start with:

Have you gone to the Third Way, The Sheriff, and the Oman? To get assistance from the Third Way, you'd have to have done the mission where you manufacture 10 of the new hunter-seeker mines for them. For the Sheriff, you would have flown point on a mission with him, tracking down a group of marauders in Firefrost. For the Oman, you'd have to have completed the dreaded Tests of the Oman (Wisdom, Strength, Cunning).

After all this is completed, you then have to go back a second time and talk with each of these faction (at the place where you spoke to them originally) to get them to pledge pilots.

Has this been done?

If so, there's a couple of other questions which will narrow it down. I'll wait until you reply to these, so I don't give anything away.

I'll be on the forum most of the night, so just post back and we'll get you moving again.

More
21 years 3 months ago #4697 by noscar
Replied by noscar on topic Act 3 never starts
Mmmm......I have done all of those things but I am not sure if I went back to each After the mission was complete UNLESS I was told to. I will check that and get back to you in a day or so.
Also was wondering if using those wonderful mods had anything to do with my problem. I sometimes no entrance/exit movie, Location Finder,Jafs and basic to antimatter. The basic to antimatter I only use if I keep getting blown up. lol

More
21 years 3 months ago #4698 by Shane
No one ever tells you to go back to each faction. That's one of those things PS wanted the player to figure out. It gets most people.

Good luck. If that does not fix the problem, post back.