Jump accelerator

More
21 years 4 months ago #17633 by Raven
Jump accelerator was created by Raven
I'm in the mission where you've got to capture the formuhault jumpaccelerator.
The first part of the mission is easy. But when I have to destroy those LDA-nodes things go wrong. They seem indestructable. Any help on how to destroy those nasty things would be nice.

I've tried my gatling cannon and a cuttingbeam. I even destroyed two of them (I think) but I can't do them all in time.

Eh a megafreigther....
Here little poddies come to Uncle Cal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 4 months ago #3941 by Raven
Replied by Raven on topic Jump accelerator
Another try and another failure. I bumbed into the LDA field. ouch and was spinning all over the place. Still hoping someone can help me.

<hr noshade size="1">
Eh a megafreigther....

Eh a megafreigther....

More
21 years 4 months ago #3942 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic Jump accelerator
Q. I've cleared the area, the marines have taken over, and the fleet is coming. I know I'm supposed to shoot the field generators inside the station, but how exactly? I've tried with aim assist off, different guns, etc.

A1. Try using the Cutting Beam or Twin Gattling Guns. Or better still a DeathBlow Missile.

A2. Zoom in closely on the INSIDE of the jump accelerator. Look closely at the center area of the blue glows. See the little objects sticking out? Use whatever means possible to destroy them. I personally let 'em have it with a Cutting Beam and PBC combo.. the PBC was a bit difficult to get any confirmed hits with, but the combination was able to do the job nicely. Once all of the blue glows are gone, you'll have completed that objective.

A3. Simple. See the blue glow thingies? Zoom in on them, and you'll notice a bunch of little objects in the middle of them. Whip out your biggest gun (A Cutting Beam did the trick for me) and unload into it untill it explodes. Move on to the next one, and the next, untill they're all gone. Of course, if you haven't figured it out already, these are located on the INSIDE of the jump accelerator.

A4. Another tactic that others have suggested/adopted (including the infamous Stephen Robertson, who you should all bow down to right this second) is to try using Deathblow REM missiles on the thing if your best beam weapon is somehow proving defective and just isn't doing the trick.

More
21 years 4 months ago #3944 by Raven
Replied by Raven on topic Jump accelerator
Ok I've done what you said and it actualy worked. Thanx.:D

<hr noshade size="1">
Eh a megafreigther....

Eh a megafreigther....