Capturing ships??

More
21 years 8 months ago #17503 by Maahes
Capturing ships?? was created by Maahes
If this has already been asked I apologise but I'm mid way through act 2 and i got an email from the League about not only killing, but also capturing Maurauders and getting a bounty. Can someone tell me how I'm supposed to do that...I have tried disrupting the ships and shooting at the crew until there is no red bar left, then docking but no matter what ship i use (tug or Patcom) I cant seem to shift the ships...I have also tried shooting out their thrusters, ut then the ship just spins slowly in space making it impossibe to dock.

Also if I were to dock to one of these ships and be able to move, where would I take it?

Edited by - Maahes on 27 Aug 2002 17:19:34

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 8 months ago #2519 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Capturing ships??
Don't bother trying. You can't capture a ship without the iFleet mod, and that won't help you take them to the league.

More
21 years 8 months ago #2520 by Maahes
Replied by Maahes on topic Capturing ships??
Thanks.....If if I put on the iFleet mod what can i do with the captured ships? can i fly them or just nick the parts?

More
21 years 8 months ago #2521 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic Capturing ships??
Essentially the clue is in the name. You capture ships to enhance your fleet, the bigger the fleet the bigger the spoils :). Don't forget to install the MultiMod mod too as the iFleet mod won't work without it.

You can find the MultiMod on the main download page. The iFleet mod (called MultiMod iFleet) is on the Associated Mods download page (you'll see the link to your right). Lastly make sure you read the readme.txt file as you will need to make some modifications to your keybindings. It also gives an idea on how to use the mod.