Help : act2 - mission 18: Momma Wolf

More
21 years 9 months ago #17457 by prophet
email says I should be getting a new remote fighter plus have access to more trades. I completed the mission, as confirmed by the objective screen, but I don't see any new trades and I don't see the new remote fighter after returning to base.... I completed the mission by protecting all the cargo ships-- not one was destroyed, then destroyed the LDS ship, and then got into LDS as the ship LDS ship exploded to avoid being incinerated... Did I miss something here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 9 months ago #2291 by Shane
Though it is not stated in the mission briefing, you can dock to one of the remote fighters after the mission is accomplished (but before you leave the area), and take it home with you as your reward. That's how you get the remote fighter. However, when you get home, you will have blueprints for the remote fighter even if you did not pick up the 'free' one, and can manufacture them to your heart's desire.

More
21 years 9 months ago #2295 by prophet
hello,
Thanks man, I actually, played it again and did get that remote fighter, The first time I played this mission, I thought I had to go into LDS to avoid being destroyed by the exploding ships. BTW, what about other trades, shouldn't I be able to have access to more trades as stated by the email, I only see the remote fighter as the only "NEW" trade I have access to.

More
21 years 9 months ago #2302 by Shane
New trades typically become available when you 'befriend' another facation (i.e., Stepsons, League, MCA, etc.). There may be other objectives you have to complete to obtain the next ally (and thus, new trades). Some of the missions in this stage of the game are somewhat random in placement, and this can also cause a delay in the new trades.

The Momma Wolf mission is one of my favorite missions. However, the reward is not all that great. Glad you got the remote fighter... Should you find a good use for it, let us know!

More
21 years 9 months ago #2306 by Stephen Robertson PS
Glad you like that mission - I designed and scripted it.

Of course you could argue that your reward is that you've defeated the marauder's main ship. :)

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
Particle Systems
Independence War Website

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

More
21 years 8 months ago #2361 by cleopete
Hi,

I just finnished that same mission last night, and it wasn't until today that it dawned on me I should have docked with one of the remaining two remotes. Oh well...

However, I didn't get the blueprints either. The mission was a success. I'm going to try again.

Nice job Stephen.