Act 3 Mission 4 - Really Stuck...

More
16 years 1 week ago #19062 by shaurz
How do you destroy the LDA generators? Sometimes if I get lucky I might be able to destroy one (usually by aggressor shield crashing into it), but when you aim at them it hits somewhere else. There doesn't seem to be a way to target them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 1 week ago #16756 by callum12341
Soz mate i think this forum is just about dead.

Anywayz, i had some trouble with this one as well. What worked for me in the end was getting 2 cutting beams (u can use 1 if u want) and shooting at the generators from different angles if the first one didnt work.

U should see sparks coming off them if your hitting them.

More
16 years 4 days ago #16760 by shaurz
I didn't know about the cutting beam, did it first time with it!

I knew the forum was dead for such an old game but I though I'd try anyway. I remeber playing IW2 a long time ago but didn't get very far. Though I'd find it again and finish it :-)

More
16 years 4 days ago #16761 by shaurz
Oh - and it looks beautiful on a modern 24" TFT monitor at high resolution settings. Shame about the low-res textures though.

More
15 years 11 months ago #16775 by qiaoyech
There are several ways of finishing this mission:
1. This is a way for "cheaters" (lol). Arm with Deathblow REM missile. Wait for the LDA. Use the missile to blow the CENTER of the LDA. (not one the LDA generators);
2. This is the usual way of doing it. Arm with cutting beam or at least mining beam. Wait for the LDA. Close in to about 2.5km from the LDA. Aim at the LDA generators (the small round equipments that's powering up the LDA on the sides of the LDA shield). It takes some time to do it, so be patient;
3. Figure this out yourself :)

More
15 years 10 months ago #16785 by ATG
the easiest way is to send a D-Blow missle to the center of the LDA.The explosion will obliterate those little generators.

<font color="red">Greece=good country.</font id="red">

<font color="red">Greece=good country.</font id="red">