Help against Maurauders

More
18 years 1 month ago #18765 by FlamingBallOFire
Hi all,

Haven't been on here for quite some time, got EOC re-loaded and am farther than ever. Got a problem, though...how do I clear the "find help in other systems" objective? I've been to the other systems, they're real purdy. I've got pods coming out of my ears, everything from reactor spares to zebras. Jafs keeps griping about the cargo area being a mess (he could use the exercise, all he does is fly that rocket powered flatbed truck!), and being called out for this and that, but the mission objective stays there. What do I have to do to clear it?

FBOF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 1 month ago #15008 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Help against Maurauders
Hi FlamingBallOFire.

It depends on what you have done. This mission is unlike the others in EoC; it's long-term and requires several outings before completion. Some questions:

Have you been accepted into the Oman (in Kompira)?
Have you assisted the Sheriff in Firefrost?
Have you contacted the Third Way in Eureka?

More
18 years 1 month ago #15009 by FlamingBallOFire
Hello Shane,

No, haven't met the Oman. Yes, helped Sheriff Roscoe whip some Marauder butt. Have met the Third Way, but they don't seem too friendly. Right now been takin a break by pirating pods, and responding to distress calls in order to mop up Mauraders (gotta love disruptors and three gatling cannons!) BTW, how do I get more disruptor missiles?

FBOF

More
18 years 1 month ago #15010 by Shane
You'll be offered a trade for them at some point. (Offhand, I can't remember what faction trades disruptors...)

More
18 years 3 weeks ago #15091 by rpffemt1120
Replied by rpffemt1120 on topic Help against Maurauders
I've installed both the 14.6 patch and the Jacksons yard patch, yet Frederick Jackson STILL doesnt say anything. It somehow give sme the ambassadors location though, but still wont list the Jacksons yard mission as completed. And after I do Meet the Oman, it launches me right from the base, straight into that sector and each time, more and more corvettes approach me, tell me to form up and follow them to the training grounds. Each one tells me that too... Annoying, but I can live with that one. So then I go to the Ritz and talk to Indigo after getting the thank you email from the ambassador. She talks to me, yet I get no apology email giving me the blockade runner mission, so I'm stuck. Here and there it says that I've gotten enough pilots for the MCA too, but then says nothing of what to do after that. Suggestions of other patches and/or fixes? Even something I may have done wrong?

More
18 years 3 weeks ago #15093 by Shane
You might be encountering patch conflicts. The Jackson's Yard patch was never designed to work with the 14.6 patch (the final patch for the game and the only one you'll need).

How to fix? Hmmm... If you installed the ver 14.6 patch after the Jackson's Yard patch you might be okay. Download the Jackson Yard savegame from i-war2.com/downloads_6.htm and place it in your savegame folder. Then try proceeding through the storyline.

The best way I've found to not miss the Jackson's Yard mission is to visit his station immediately after being told about it.

Good luck. :)