Is gold important?

More
18 years 1 month ago #18750 by Dietmar
Is gold important? was created by Dietmar
Hello!

I have been playing the German version of EoC - therefore, my back-translations (marked *this way*) might not match the original words - and now I'm stuck in Act 2.
The last mission which I completed was "Hide and Seek". The mission "The Battle of Mwari" wasn't offered yet - I didn't get the e-mail titled Zero Hour. The last e-mail I received (except from a 'thank you' from Yellowknife) has been from Franklyn Hoffer, titled *Emergency*, where he wrote about *a big problem planning the attack to the Marauder bases in Dante... Marauders in Mwari preventing the gathering of pilots and ships... me (Cal) to support the MCA in Mwari... breaking through the blockade, being able to conduct the attack*. This reminds me of the mission "*Blockade Runner*", but I've completed that some time before.
Franklyn Hoffer and two other league ships are hanging around Lucrecia's base. There are no other *contacts* or waypoints. The objectives screen shows just one item:

"Grassy Knoll"
*NOT MET: return to meeting point, fetch reward*

Indeed I killed the spy, but did not collect the gold afterwards. When I now return to the meeting point - which I think is the *resting base* at Hot Rock, Freedom - neither the gold nor the Third Man are still there (of course). Unfortunately, I haven't a saved game from before that mission anymore. Can it be that this objective is preventing "The Battle of Mwari" from being offered?

Cheers,
Dietmar

DPS

DPS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 1 month ago #14915 by wolfie
Replied by wolfie on topic Is gold important?
check your email again. you may already read it and not notice it.
Have yo completed all mission. get help from other fraction and get enough pilot to fly the mca ships?
Also the back door to Marui( something right that)

There 1 mission that you have to fly to Longshot HQ to get it start after you read the MCA email.

More
18 years 1 month ago #14916 by wolfie
By the way. Gold are not Importain at all. I never did that mission. I told the 3th man no and that was it.

More
18 years 1 month ago #14932 by Dietmar
Replied by Dietmar on topic Is gold important?
Hello, wolfie, thanks for your replies.

Originally posted by wolfie

check your email again. you may already read it and not notice it.

If that's the case, then I still didn't notice it.

Have yo completed all mission. get help from other fraction and get enough pilot to fly the mca ships?

I think I completed those, since the missions are no longer on my list of objectives.

Also the back door to Marui( something right that)

I saved two of the four *freighters* there.

There 1 mission that you have to fly to Longshot HQ to get it start after you read the MCA email.

IIRC, I did this mission, too. I've also tried going to the MCA defense HQ at Longshot and to the Ritz at Brotherhood again, but nothing special happens there.

DPS

DPS

More
18 years 1 month ago #14933 by Dietmar
Replied by Dietmar on topic Is gold important?

Originally posted by wolfie

By the way. Gold are not Importain at all. I never did that mission. I told the 3th man no and that was it.

Thank you - at least I know now that this is not the reason for being stuck.

DPS

DPS

More
18 years 1 month ago #14936 by wolfie
Try this 2 first.
1 fly to LongShot HQ. there should be a waypoint there afteryou are near LongShot HQ. Unless you already done that mission. Second after returning to bast. Ecit the base again in the comset. This should start your way into the 3rd act.

I'll get back to you tonight once I start EOC again. I am flying around without doing the hide and seek mission right no so it should not take me long to get to where you are and see what you arte missing