Act 1? Gunrunner

More
18 years 6 months ago #18581 by Vorsim
Act 1? Gunrunner was created by Vorsim
This game has potential but at the moment I'm badly stuck early on. The mission is called gunrunner and involves stealing sidearms from an arms transport, protected by three navy cruisers

The mission has three objectives;
1) Locate the arms transport; I've completed this
2) Raid the transport; I've completed this
3) Ask Jafs to deliver the cargo to the stepsons; UNABLE to complete this

After close examination of the manual I still don't know how to do this. I've tried tagging the pod in the normal way and calling Jaffs, he picks it up and doesn't seem to deliver it to the stepsons or to the homebase (I go home and the guns aren't in my inventory). Similarily I dock with the pod and take it back to homebase myself where it again fails to show up in my inventory. I've tried docking with the pod and delivering it to the stepsons' summerhouse (as directed by their email) but they just acknowledge my presence and ignore the pod when I undock from it.

If it makes a difference I don't destroy the cruisers as I don't have weapons powerful enough to make a dent in them. Instead I force the arms transport to drop the pod, then run away engaging my LDS drive for a few seconds. When I return to the scene of the crime the transport and cruisers are gone but the pod remains.

Any help with this mission would be greatly appreciated so I can carry on with the game i.e. if I continue freelance pirating (returning to base to save) do I lose this mission permently?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13880 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Act 1? Gunrunner
Hi Vorsim. Welcome to the forum.

EoC has two types of missions... standard and minor (side) missions. The Gunrunner mission is a side mission (i.e., it does not advance the plot of the game or affect your progress in any way). So, you can just ignore it if you like. The objective will drop away from your Objectives screen in time.

Usually, when the game mentions 'use Jafs to complete the trade' it means to go to the trade screen and make the trade there. Whatever cargo is meant to be traded for the mission will have a name such as 'Gunrunner Goods' or something like that. You just trade it as you would any other trade and Jafs is assumed to haul the stuff where it needs to be.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14052 by Mklangelo
Replied by Mklangelo on topic Act 1? Gunrunner
The best I do is get two of the Cruisers disrupted, but as I'm working on those, I get my ass shot off by the third. Any hints on how a lame-ass Tug can take out three Cruisers? If there were only two to begin with... LOL

BTW im playing with keyboard only...

If everyone is special, then nobody is special...

Oh btw... How long does a Cruiser stay disrupted? [?]

Dammit Cal...

More
18 years 5 months ago #14053 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Act 1? Gunrunner
This is from memory of what others have said; I've never gotten this side mission. But it's what I've heard and I've used the same tactics when the cops are on my butt but I still want my cargo.

Disruptors really aren't the key here. Get the transport to drop it's cargo and manually tag it (no easy feat getting within 5km of the pod while the cruisers breath down your neck). Then move out of firing range of the cruisers and slowly draw them off. When the cruisers are at least 80 (or possibly 100) kilometers away from the pod Jafs can be called to pick up the loot.

Then you can finish the mission via the trade screen back at base.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14054 by Mklangelo
Replied by Mklangelo on topic Act 1? Gunrunner
The second you shoot the Transport, your dead meat. A couple of hits to the thrusters usually gets em' to drop stuff, with weaps temporarily at full power but... after that...

If everyone is special, then nobody is special...

Dammit Cal...

More
18 years 5 months ago #14055 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic Act 1? Gunrunner
You can, in theory, beat those cruisers. Youll need to split them up somehow, and it would help to be later in the game where you have more firepower, but it could be done. The only time I beat this mission, I somehow managed to get the game to cull the cruisers but not the transport. Dont ask me how.