Act 2: Corporate Holdings

More
18 years 8 months ago #18521 by dungeoncrawler
Hi all. I started playing EOC...again, and have run into a few problems. First off, I have the newest patch v14.6(or something like that). But when I finish destroying the mauraders that are after the indentured vessels, and start to fly out...everytime, before I get to the jumpgate...the view shifts to something that looks like a side-view and the game will eventually freeze, preventing me from completeing the mission. I usually have to reboot. It happens everytime. I noticed in the patch notes that the new patch (when it was released, it was new :)) was suppose to correct the crash in this act? Anyone have any ideas for me to be able to finish this act? Thank you for any help.

Sincerely

Darken

P.S. For some reason the Location Mod is not working either...(Tab key). Any ideas on this one also?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13508 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic Act 2: Corporate Holdings
Install uniGUI and multimod for the location mod.

As for dagda, I think this is usualy a driver issue. You need to use an older driver for that system to work properly.

More
18 years 7 months ago #13636 by Talamon
Replied by Talamon on topic Act 2: Corporate Holdings
Hi, i experienced the same problem with this mission. Solved it by using compatibility mode for Win98 under WinXP.

Cu
Talamon

More
18 years 7 months ago #13663 by KiLo
Replied by KiLo on topic Act 2: Corporate Holdings
Hey...could someone explain the soulution that was posted before mine into newbie terms...

Kilo

More
18 years 7 months ago #13664 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic Act 2: Corporate Holdings
If you are running windowsXP, you can instruct it to act more like an older version of windows, to suit certain older programs. Normaly, Iwar2 does not need this, but it cant hurt to try it.

Navigate to your Iwar2 folder, normaly this is located at:
c:\program files\infogrames\independece war 2 - edge of chaos.

Right click on edgeofchaos.exe, select 'properties', go into the 'compatability' tab, and I think setting for windows 98 would be most likely to work.

More
18 years 7 months ago #13685 by Bozobub
Replied by Bozobub on topic Act 2: Corporate Holdings
If you use a shortcut to run IWAR2, you can set compatibilty mode for the shortcut instead, BTW.