Act 2 Mission....6?

More
19 years 3 months ago #18331 by kirsha
Act 2 Mission....6? was created by kirsha
I wonder why the faq's jump from mission 5 to mission 7. Where's #6? Is there a mission 6 at all?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12170 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic Act 2 Mission....6?
Most likely mission 6 became redundant as the storyline was finalised, or proved impossible to script satisfactorily, or any of a thousand reasons for it not to be included in the game. The FAQs go by the games internal numbering, since act2 allows you to fly the missions in a wide variety of orders. So, we have a gap.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12173 by kirsha
Replied by kirsha on topic Act 2 Mission....6?
Yes, there may be gaps for non published missions, but there is one that refers to another, and I quote the FAQ:

Mission 18 Momma Wolf
Activation Info: System: Hoffer's Wake Prerequisites: + Completion of Act Two Mission 12

And Act 12 seems to be a gap too.

Do you know where Ic an check the mission files? I want to see which one is #12.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12174 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic Act 2 Mission....6?
Go into resource.zip. To distinguish missions you'll have to go into the text folder, and find the .csv and/or the email for that mission. The .pkg files with the actual logic of the mission are in the packages folder.

Looking at act 2, mission 12, WTF? That should not be listed in the FAQ. No .pkg file for it, so the mission isn't present in game, but the text for it is there for all to read. Sounds interesting that one. Shame it didnt make it to the final version. It is listed in the FAQ on this site though, which is odd.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12198 by Stephen Robertson PS
There was an entire story arc cut from the game which involved tracking down the marauders by decoding and listening to their transmissions. Unfortunately the missions weren't very interesting so we cut them before we did too much work on them.

That's why there are gaps in the mission number system.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson

More
19 years 3 months ago #12249 by kirsha
Replied by kirsha on topic Act 2 Mission....6?
Oh my! I enver expected a designer to respond to me. Thank you so much, and thanks for the great game.

Originally posted by Stephen Robertson PS

There was an entire story arc cut from the game which involved tracking down the marauders by decoding and listening to their transmissions. Unfortunately the missions weren't very interesting so we cut them before we did too much work on them.

That's why there are gaps in the mission number system.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson