Emergency Situation

More
19 years 5 months ago #11976 by Taliaman
Replied by Taliaman on topic Emergency Situation
Hi guys thanks for brainstorming....I have not gotten the Heavy Corvette...I have the original command section; the tug and the Patcome...I have no unread e-mails and I am having a hard time sending you a screen shot. My saved mission I am having a hard time getting to since I tried to transfer that screen shot...probably need to reboot. Tell me what you think

Michael B Taliaferro

Michael B Taliaferro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 5 months ago #11977 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Emergency Situation
Here's another idea: send me your most current save. I can use that to find out exactly what's going on with your game. And the saves are small enough to fit easily as an email attachement.

EoC stores saves in 'slots'. The stuff you type in doesn't appear in the file directory. So here's how to locate the correct save game:

Start EoC and go to the 'Load' screen.

You should be looking at 13 'slots' of saves. Starting from zero, count down to the most recent save you've made.

Now that you know which one you're after, exit EoC. Then navigate to your main EoC directory. There will be a folder called 'saves'. Open it and you'll see the save games (savegame_0, savegame_1, etc.). Select the appropriate save game and copy it. Then paste it somewhere handy (like the desktop) and finally, attach it to an email and send it to me (my email address is a couple of posts above... just replace the (at) with a @).

More
19 years 4 months ago #11989 by Taliaman
Replied by Taliaman on topic Emergency Situation
Hi Shane would be glade to send you my last saves(can't figure out your address). I do see that I might need to use someone else's old saves to get the game going again. I clicked on the link and it wanted to download to a file that was in the wrong place(so it seems). How would I get it to where I could use it for the game?

Michael B Taliaferro

Michael B Taliaferro

More
19 years 4 months ago #11996 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic Emergency Situation
The saves are stoed in .zips. Just download it, and use a program like winzip or winrar to extract the savegame file to your Iwar2 savegame folder, which is

C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Independence War 2 - Edge of Chaos\saves

by default. You can simply rename the file to put it in the slot of your choice if it wants to override a savgame you want to keep.

More
19 years 4 months ago #12002 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic Emergency Situation

...I did down load the latest patch before I got into this mess.
[\quote]

Did you patch the game "during gameplay"? - after a savegame?
This may mix up some data and cause your problems.

There is no safe distance

There is no safe distance