Emergency Situation

More
19 years 5 months ago #18299 by Taliaman
Emergency Situation was created by Taliaman
Shortly after Mission 24 Hide and seek (got the antenna; the field generator; got transported back to base) I get the e-mail from Franklyn Hoffer labeled Emergency Situation. It states "Cal, we are finalizing plans to assault the Marauder base in Donte but, we have a major problem. Mwari is still infested with Marauders and they are preventing us from assembling the pilots and ships we need for the assault. We need you to concentrate on helping out the M.C.A. in Mwari, when the Mwari blockade has been lifted we will be able to secure the resources to mount the assault". I had already gotten the pilots through the backdoor into Mwari and they were matched up with the M.C.A. ships. I flew to Mwari and found no blockade...I did however find an enemy base sitting on an asteroid.... What do I do next...I am not sure I can take this base out or where the blockade is.... Please help.

Thanks,

Michael
B)]

Michael

Michael B Taliaferro

Michael B Taliaferro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 5 months ago #11940 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Emergency Situation
Sounds like someone never visited Indigo at Ritz station. After you help the MCA ambassador, you get an email telling you to go to 'the Ritz' (or something like that) in the Santa Romera system. No waypoint or objective is created, so a lot of people never realize they have somewhere to go. Check into it, and it should open up the mission you need to do.

More
19 years 5 months ago #11954 by Taliaman
Replied by Taliaman on topic Emergency Situation
Hi I have visisted 'the Ritz' several time and meet with Indigo. Mission 24 happens way after that...I have the Patcom ship, Heavy Cannons and the like. No the message I received happend after I came back from a co-vert mission using only the command section to spy out Dante(retreaving an antenia and a field generator to signal a ship to pick me up). Here is the message again: "Cal, we are finalizing plans to assault the Marauder base in Donte but, we have a major problem. Mwari is still infested with Marauders and they are preventing us from assembling the pilots and ships we need for the assault. We need you to concentrate on helping out the M.C.A. in Mwari, when the Mwari blockade has been lifted we will be able to secure the resources to mount the assault". I had already gotten the pilots through the backdoor into Mwari and they were matched up with the M.C.A. ships. I flew to Mwari and found no blockade...I did however find an enemy base sitting on an asteroid.... What do I do next...I am not sure I can take this base out or where the blockade is.... Please help.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael B Taliaferro

Michael B Taliaferro

More
19 years 5 months ago #11955 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Emergency Situation
Correction: mission 24 usually happens way after that. Many of the missions in act II do not necessarily need to happen in order. It's been a long time now since I last played through the campaign, but I'm still pretty sure that that's the email you get if you finish mission 24 but still haven't done the mission to get the patcom. The fact that you did do the mission to get the patcom and you're still getting the email is troubling. You may have run into some sort of bug that is stopping you from continuing as you should.

I'll try to do a bit of research tonight over what should happen at that point in the game, but if you've run into a bug as I think you have done, you won't be able to continue. Not to worry, though, this website has several saved games available for download. Just find one closest to where you are, and you should have your game back on its feet.

More
19 years 5 months ago #11956 by Taliaman
Replied by Taliaman on topic Emergency Situation
Thanks for the heads up....I am not to farmilar with this web site but that sounds promising. If you could direct me to where I can download saved games I would be most appreciative.... I am pretty close to the end of ACT 2 the "badlands". We just need the word to attack Dante with our fleet....I will wait for your reseach results...thanks again.

Michael B Taliaferro

Michael B Taliaferro

More
19 years 5 months ago #11957 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Emergency Situation
Because of the non-linear format of Act II it is difficult to determine if you're experiencing a problem or not.

1. What does your objectives screen say?

2. Is your game patched?

3. What was the last mission you completed?

Originally posted by Taliaman
...I did however find an enemy base sitting on an asteroid....

EricMan; I almost think he's setting up for the Seekers M. mission, but that takes place in Eureka... not Mwari. It's the only hostile asteroid base I can think of at that stage.