Problems with Act 3 Mission 4

More
19 years 9 months ago #18208 by Toranaga
I have tried the level over and over. In the end i checked all walkthroughs i could get my hands on.

No matter what I do the Field Generators do not become selectable and any contact with the field itself results in instant destruction.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11393 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Problems with Act 3 Mission 4
I'm not sure of the name of the mission, but I believe the one you're talking about is where you have to disable the fields on the jump accelerator... right?

If so, the field generators are not targetable. You have to manually aim for the three blue lights inside the accelerator. A deathblow REM missile also works well to destroy all three at once.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
19 years 9 months ago #11417 by Stephen Robertson PS
I designed and scripted that mission, I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

As shane says the field generators are not targetable. There are six of them and the best way to destroy them is to launch a single deathblow remote missile into the centre of the field (making sure you keep your distance!) That'll take out all six in one go.

The mission was originally designed so that you had to fly inside the jump accelerator and use cutting beams or pbcs to destroy them manually.

I found the deathblow technique while testing the mission and liked it so much that I kept it in as a nice secret to reward lateral thinking.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.