Capture the Accelerator

More
20 years 4 months ago #17881 by Mojo
Capture the Accelerator was created by Mojo
I am on Act 3, Mission 4, Capture the Accelerator. After the marines take over the accelerator, I'm supposed to shut down the LDA field. The problem that I am having is that I have no frigging idea what I'm supposed to do in order to destroy the LDA fields to allow the fleet to jump in. I have flown all around and through the jump accelerator, and I have yet to find anything to target. What am I missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 4 months ago #8261 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Capture the Accelerator
Hi Mojo. The items you have to target are the three sets of lights inside the accelerator.

It's best to do this with a deathblow missile. One (sometimes two) of these are all it takes. Launch it into the accelerator and detonate just before it hits the shield.

A cutting beam can also be used, but is more difficult.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 4 months ago #8262 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Capture the Accelerator
Go inside the accelerator and look closly at the edges of the lda field. You can see little glowing spots of light. You can't target them, but if you turn off aim assist or use a beam weapon, you can hit the little spots. If you find that you don't have enough fire power to destroy them all in time, try using a single deathblow fired into the very center of the lda field.;)

More
20 years 4 months ago #8263 by Mojo
Replied by Mojo on topic Capture the Accelerator
Thanks a lot! You guys are right on top of it!