can't get patcom mission

More
20 years 6 months ago #17834 by southern cross
ok, I am frustrated so please bear with me.

This is my second time through the game. First time went perfect.

I have started act 2 and want to get my patcom from Indigo. I know the routine but it is not working. I enter Coyote and talk to the militia. I go to speak with Fredrick Jackson. From there I save at base or not. I then go to Santa Romera and rescue the ambassador. I even save Jester and get the self defense module. I return to base and get the email from the ambassador. Save, of course. Then it's off to the Ritz to speak with Indigo. I choose the first dialouge option and she is rude of course. No problem, right? I return to base and there is no apology email.

Now for the problem. I remember the first time playing I got the apology email. Why am I not getting it now?

I tried all the above steps with all mods turned off. No luck. Emails? After rescuing the ambassador you get his email and, I think< four others. I only read his then went to the Ritz. Upon returning I only had the four same emails. My guess is that I need a certain number on cargo value or score/rating. Again, the first time playing the game all went fine. What am I missing?

This is driving me nuts. I've tried every variation I can think of. Help!!! Please!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 6 months ago #7329 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic can't get patcom mission
I would continue through the game. Act II mission scripts are intricate in their order; some missions will not be offered until four or five other mission requirements have been met. I believe cargo values/pilot ratings also affect mission offerings too.

You've still got to meet the Oman, collect pilots, etc. Unless you hit a brick wall (no missions offered for a very long time and no objectives on the Objectives list), I wouldn't worry. It will usually come in time. Just make sure your game is patched.

The last time I played through I did not receive the Patcom until the end of Act III.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
20 years 6 months ago #7330 by southern cross
I'll believe you but I seem to remember getting it earlier the first time I played. Of course that was about a year ago too so the memory may not be correct. I've got 4 or 5 saves in the beginnings of act 2. I seem to remember doing a lot of pirating the first time through. Maybe that was the difference. I just want that patcom already. It was my favorite ship.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll load the save after doing the Oman tests, do a lot of pirating and see what happens next.

More
20 years 6 months ago #7432 by southern cross
Well I've done more testing on this problem. It seems my save game is corrupt. I downloaded the save game from this site for the start of Act 2. I then got my save game to similar stats, better actually. I then tried to get the email from Indigo with no luck. I have no idea what is corrupted or why.

I am now just going to use the save I downloaded and start Act 2 from that. It is a little annoying but no big deal.

More
20 years 6 months ago #7433 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic can't get patcom mission
I originally sent in that savegame file for Soup to post. In fact, I still have it saved in some folder somewhere on my system. Sorry if any of your problems were caused by that.

If memory serves, I did not get the Patcom mission until after I'd done just about everything else. Maybe it was the way I played the missions... or something just got messed up in the download.

I do recall that on this trip through EoC, I was trying to keep my score as low as possible (using non-lethal pirating techniques -- kills make up the majority of the player score), to see what effect that had on the AI abilities. Maybe that too had an effect on when the mission was handed out.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
20 years 6 months ago #7444 by southern cross
No, I think you misunderstood me. It is my own save game that is corrupted. I am now using the one I downloaded from here. If that was originally yours then I am very grateful for it.