8 attempts (fuel rods)

More
20 years 8 months ago #17815 by liam
8 attempts (fuel rods) was created by liam
hi all, i need help to get the fuels rods.... how do i get them without being blown apart while docking even when i have some distance from the security?

it would be nice to have the help thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 8 months ago #7049 by jojobird
Replied by jojobird on topic 8 attempts (fuel rods)
Are you talking about the mission when you have to steal those rods from the junkyard?
MAJOR SPOILER
In case you are, try to approach them from such direction, that you, the rods and the junkyard will be on the same line. Carefully approach them, allways checking the distances, and be patient. Once you get very close to the rods, just dock, turn away from the base, hit forward thruster override and engage lds as soon as you can.

Regards, Sergej

Regards, Sergej

More
20 years 8 months ago #7052 by liam
Replied by liam on topic 8 attempts (fuel rods)
thnx for the help i will give it a go... ill tell how it went

More
19 years 1 week ago #12913 by Sunwind
Replied by Sunwind on topic 8 attempts (fuel rods)
Hi folks

I got a similar problem with this mission....except that i'm able to dock at the Reactor without problem (reducing my energy output to cut down the emissions, equipping smaller guns)

but as soon as i undock i get detected and blown to bits before i am able to LDS out of there....drives me insane[V]
Any hints or help would be greatly apreciated

More
19 years 1 week ago #12914 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic 8 attempts (fuel rods)
Dodge. Weave from side to side. Hold down the 'W' key until your finger hurts... the hit manual LDS ('L'key and once in LDS kick the throttle open). And make sure you haven't dropped your power down so far that the engines can't bring you up to full speed.

And if all else fails jump into Instant Action for a while and sharpen your evasive skills.

This mission is all about timing; The first time I played it I hit autodock and succeeded my first try. That particular tactic never worked again... but if you watch the pattern closely you'll see your opening. ;)

I love the stealth missions. A nice change from blazing combats.

More
19 years 1 week ago #12915 by Sunwind
Replied by Sunwind on topic 8 attempts (fuel rods)
Thanks Shane :)
I rather like the stealth missions too, eventho i'm not that far into the game yet.
I finnaly made it with holding down W :)
I really need to practice with the Instand action, since i get my rear whooped pretty reglary ;)