Complete website overhaul?

Poll: Do you want a mobile friendly website? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Yes
No votes 0%
No
2 50%
I don't care
2 50%
Total number of voters: 4
Only registered users can participate to this poll
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #20417 by schmatzler
In the last few weeks a lot has happened:

- Our forum software got a new major release and the developers completely removed the old theme support.

So I will have to redesign the style of the forum from scratch.

- The comments system has been made commercial and free versions are not offered anymore. I'd have to pay 70 bucks a year just for the comments.

So I will have to implement a different comment system, migrate all of the current comments and redesign that one from scratch, too.

This is already a lot. I'm thinking about redesigning the website completely if I'm already forced to do a lot of that anyways.

Do you guys care about a mobile friendly website you can browse with your phones? Or should I spend the time for making this elsewhere? ;)

Space. The final frontier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #20420 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic Complete website overhaul?
Well, I don't website on phones, since all I have is a dumbphone, so you know what my answer to that is.
Do whatever you have to, sure. I just don't see the point of doing things that may be completely unnecessary. Phones can zoom in, you know. :P

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
7 years 5 months ago #20422 by Chessking
I have a dumbphone as well, which is why I don't care. The only reason I see for a mobile website to be made is for someone who visits the forum often, but has limited access to a computer and could not keep up with developments otherwise. I honestly don't think that person exists.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
7 years 5 months ago #20426 by 7upMan
Replied by 7upMan on topic Complete website overhaul?
+1. I don't see the need for a mobile friendly website either. After all, I-War 1/2 is a PC based game, so it's safe to assume that whoever accesses the website has one available.

More
7 years 5 months ago #20427 by schmatzler
Alright, it looks like your opinions are very well aligned! ;)

I'll keep the current design and will only make some small technical adjustments to get future versions of the forum software running.

Because currently it looks like this:

The comments system has already been replaced and as a result, the number of comments even shows up in the download section now. Hooray!

You've lost all your comment thread subscriptions, though. :unsure:

Space. The final frontier.
Attachments:

More
7 years 5 months ago #20429 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic Complete website overhaul?

schmatzler wrote: You've lost all your comment thread subscriptions, though. :unsure:

That's OK. I was subbed to pretty much all of the ones in the mod section, but nobody ever comments. :V If people want to get more info from me, that's what PM is for.

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)