Who is Online

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #20368 by schmatzler
Replied by schmatzler on topic Who is Online
You're right. I linked directly to the IP which was changing very often, because the direct URL www.iwarpapermodels.org/ always redirected to a very confusing Paper Model Webring page when you visited it the first time.

But now even that page is gone. But if it doesn't come back, we can hopefully copy it via archive.org :)

Space. The final frontier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #20369 by 7upMan
Replied by 7upMan on topic Who is Online
Strange, I don't see myself in that list. Maybe I should log out and in again?

Edit: And here in this thread, I see myself as Offline. :-/

Edit 2: Yup, that fixed it. ^^

More
7 years 6 months ago #20371 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic Who is Online
So I looked on archive.org, and I did find the site. However, only five of the downloads were saved. I was not able to find the files anywhere else, so I will try asking Hot4Darmat if he still has them.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
7 years 6 months ago #20372 by Chessking
No reply yet from Hot4Darmat...

But I did find this: www.yqcomputer.com/1181_303_1.htm

I also found this: joshflight.webs.com/papermodels.htm but that just links to other sites.

Next, I found this: hub.hobbiesncrafts.org/hub/papermodelwebrin?list&page=1
It is the Paper Models Webring site Schmatzler mentioned. It may have moved to a new site. It shows the Independence War Paper Models page, but I can't get to it. It says i.hobbiesncrafts.org took too long to respond. :(

Heh heh. Here Duncan Day posted that GOG tried to add the paper models as bonus content for the game, when they added it to their site.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
7 years 6 months ago #20384 by Chessking
Since I still haven't gotten a reply from Hot4Darmat, perhaps there is another option. In the DirecxtX8 thread, Schmatzler successfully contacted Stephen Robertson. This was much more recently than our last known contact with Hot4. Also, I believe Stephen Robertson was responsible for managing the Paper Models website, so he could very likely have a backup. What do you think of this idea, Schmatzler? Also, do you want to send the message, since he knows who you are, or should I?

Storm Petrel

More
7 years 5 months ago #20406 by schmatzler
Replied by schmatzler on topic Who is Online
Seems like there's no need for that anymore, the website is back:

www.iwarpapermodels.org/

Still with that annoying redirect on the first visit, though. Unless you access it directly:

185.23.176.202/~iwarpm/index.htm

Space. The final frontier.