Just a little "Did you know"

More
21 years 1 month ago #5644 by Jwk
Replied by Jwk on topic Just a little "Did you know"
thing is when people use the heavy corvette they use it like a patcom...trying to dodge the bullets whilst delevering them in a melle style dogfight

well with a patcom this is allgood...with a heavy corvette it fails

when i plya heavy corvette i use a little bit of everything (perhaps an rem as a good opening) and although some of the attacks dont work so well..... atleast one of them does

e.g. REM then Ldsi then some seekers+disrupters mabey the odd sniper shot to weaken the heavist of the units and then i melle the rest with gattling cannons/netrom pbcs

this is my style... i love it and im damned good at it...but there is no way i could do this as an advanced patcom...just not enough space for the weapons

also the heavy corvette has back up armour. time and time again ihave been in a mission... an REM hits and i survive and complete the mission by like 5 armour :P if i had been in a patcom i would of died....no doubt

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 1 month ago #5645 by Hot4Darmat

Sometimes I think I'm the only one who actually liked the tug. It just has more personality. I even like puffin tugs. Maybe I'm just wierd.

Honestly, I kind of liked the tug, too, for that very reason. I especially like the extra thrust override feature, and would often smack F3 and hit the boosters just to watch 'em go (Ya, I'm wierd, too). I just frequently wanted it to turn faster than it would, so I spent alot of time watching my cool looking tug blowing up in the death sequence.

As for the Puffin: truly, on of my favourite designs. Like the spider-class tug, it just screams "workhorse" to me, and I like that. I'm very glad they redid the model for EoC so well.

I admit to being a little disappointed with the remade model of the dreadnaught class corvette, though. The whole exhaust/thruster arse end just doesn't look right to me: too thick, no segmentation of the vanes, silly coloured details inside, and the pointy tips took away from the nice-looking angled nozzle vanes of the original. Oh well, this wasn't a naval corvette-oriented game anyway.

--
Hot4Darmat

More
21 years 1 month ago #5663 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Just a little "Did you know"
I've never understood why spacecraft design in movies and games has to look sleek and rather... airplane-like. As if all spacecraft were close (very close) decendants of fighter planes from Earth.

Discovery (from 2001), the Leanov (2010), and the Eagles (Space: 1999) are the kind of craft I like. I guess that's why I like the tugs.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions