Fitting New Equipment

More
21 years 4 months ago #17654 by Fuchida
I have only recently started playing IWAR2 and I am still using the Tug. I have already fitted some new equipment such as new weapons, active sensors and signal masking but I have acquired two new items which don't seem to fit anywhere.

How do I fit the Expert Repair System and the Imaging Module? There doesn't appear to be a slot for either.

Fuchida

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 4 months ago #4109 by NathanKell
Replied by NathanKell on topic Fitting New Equipment
Go to the CPU slot, and click on the CPU, then choose the addins (just like using a twinpack--select the pack, then select the missiles).

www.battletechmodproductions.com/
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson, Letter, 10 Aug. 1787

Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson, Letter, 10 Aug. 1787

More
21 years 4 months ago #4111 by Fuchida
Replied by Fuchida on topic Fitting New Equipment
Thanks. That worked fine.

Next problem :)

***mission spoiler for gunstar mission***

In the mission where you have to disable six gunstars, I have worked out I have to get from one to the other while they are inactive. However, every time I undock the view switches to external which is very disorieting. Is there anyway to disable the game switching to external for docking and undocking?

Fuchida

More
21 years 4 months ago #4113 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Fitting New Equipment
I had the same problem when I went through the Trouble with Gunstars mission... all 300 times! :D

What I did was to quickly press F1 key twice to get back into the cockpit view whenever the docking/undocking scene plays. That way I didn't have to wait to start thrusting towards the next gunstar.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
21 years 4 months ago #4118 by Fuchida
Replied by Fuchida on topic Fitting New Equipment
In the end I did the mission by undocking half way through the active sequence. There wasn't enough time to destroy me and I had time to get the next gunstar. I waited for autorepair and repeated.

Managed the defence of Hoffer's gap first time and now I am getting creamed trying to paint the navy flagship. Despite coming in ballistic at 50 m/s with my power reduced to zero, I still get detected and destroyed. I am not sure how to get any stealthier than that!

Fuchida

More
21 years 4 months ago #4120 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Fitting New Equipment
That mission is tricky. Sometimes I can come in at just under 100 m/s without any problem. Other times it seems to get me for coasting in at 20 m/s (and not using thrust in any way!).

A few times I've even banged the paint drone off the hull (the windows, even!) of the cruiser without alerting anyone. Go figure... :D

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions