whats the deal with REM fighters?

More
21 years 6 months ago #17568 by bob cobb
i just did this mission where the e mail promised they would give me a REM fighter. i did it but didnt get anything. i can trade for it but its pretty steep: 7x station components. thats a lot so i'm wondering what exactly is the point of the REM fighter? what can it do that a patcom can't? (other than getting killed real easy) is there a special feature i'm missing? can you get it to fly on autopilot or act as a wingman instead of having to control it leaving your own ship open to attacks?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 6 months ago #2925 by Mehrunes
If I remember correctly they give you a whole slew of REM fighters on the mission. I think you can only keep as many as you can carry back to base on your ship.

The nice thing about REM fighters is that they're extremely agile and you can use them without risking your own ship.

Edited by - Mehrunes on 11 Oct 2002 02:58:20

More
21 years 6 months ago #2927 by bob cobb
oh well that explains it. can you dock 2 of them (top and bottom)?
i guess it makes your ship look kind of cool if you dock one to the top. but other than that i still see no use for them.
speaking of fighters, do you ever get the storm petrel back after act0? it was a pretty cool ship.

More
21 years 6 months ago #2928 by Mehrunes

oh well that explains it. can you dock 2 of them (top and bottom)?
i guess it makes your ship look kind of cool if you dock one to the top. but other than that i still see no use for them.
speaking of fighters, do you ever get the storm petrel back after act0? it was a pretty cool ship.

I think you can only get the Petrel back with the FutureTrader mod. And you can only leave base with one of the REM fighters. REM fighters (and just about everything else) seem less powerful because the Adv Patcom is rather overpowered.

More
21 years 6 months ago #2937 by Shane
If you go into free-form mode (by having the free-form mod active while you play the last mission), you will be given the storm petral back automatically.