where's my new ship?

More
21 years 7 months ago #17556 by bob cobb
i'm on act2
the faq says:
A. To get a new ship near the beginning of Act 2 you must perform a mission for the MCA. To get this mission you will need to speak to Frederick Jackson at Jackson's Yard in Coyote, and follow his instructions to assist the Ambassador at the Brotherhood Exile Ark in Santa Romera. After you have saved the Ambassador, he will email thanking you and send you details to meet Indigo at the Ritz. When you get there, Indigo will behave rudely, ignore this and go back to base. You will receive an apology from her and a request for help. Help her and you'll get your ship.

i have helped this ambassador guy a while ago
i did more missions but never got anything from him but a thank you note
now my base was moved to santa romera for some reason and i still have no new ship just the stupid old tug... whats the deal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 7 months ago #2806 by bob cobb
Replied by bob cobb on topic where's my new ship?
well i went back and actually read that email and it does say to meet indigo. i figured it would be a MISSION to meet her. i never really read the emials i just do whatever the objectives say to do. i'm on it right now but i keep losing because the mines blow up the transoports.

More
21 years 7 months ago #2814 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic where's my new ship?
Sorry didn't answer earlier. Hang on in there Bob'

More
21 years 7 months ago #2816 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic where's my new ship?
The trick is to have the T-fighters attached, on "fire-at-will" setting, and have them blast the mines at the l-point. They make short work of the mines. Then you can turn on the Marauder ships.

Your wingmen (mercs, I believe) are really crappy on this mission. While playing this one, I wished there was a "just go away" wingman command so I wouldn't be tempted to count on them for anything.:)

More
21 years 7 months ago #2823 by bob cobb
Replied by bob cobb on topic where's my new ship?
well i beat the mission. it was tough but then i just shot up the mines first. i didnt bring the t-fighters, i brought 2 gattling cannons instead...
the patcom rules. i got a navy aggressor shield and just take on the biggest ships i can find.
i got a question about the docking cannon: is there a way to put it on the top of the ship? also can you have 2 of them at the same time? that would be even better.

More
21 years 7 months ago #2834 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic where's my new ship?
It should be possible. Just create a mod that will edit the player patcom ship loadout to enable the relevant hardpoint to accept the cannon.

I've never looked into it, though. And, while the mod was active, you would not be able to fit the anti-missile turret.

If you'd like, I can try a simple mod for this. If it works, I'll send it to you.