Getting blown out of the sky in combat!

More
21 years 7 months ago #17553 by SKYBLUE13
Does anyone else have trouble in general combat because i sometimes find myself being blown away within a matter a minutes no matter what i try!Perhaps i'm just rubbish at the whole combat area of the game.

Edited by - SKYBLUE13 on 02 Oct 2002 17:46:08

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 7 months ago #2795 by gentleman_jack
There are a few reasons you might be having problems that I can think of, 1st (and i hope this aint true) youre simply rubbish in combat. Failing that it could be several things. Your ship has a max of 2 LDA's and each one can only defend against one ship. That means if youre engaging multiple opponents you will be very vunerable to there attacks. Also dont forget 2 watch your back, as the spot over your engines in unshielded. I sometimes have problems with that.

More
21 years 7 months ago #2796 by gentleman_jack
I forgot my solutions...sorry. Here we go then. If you find yourself against multiple enemies, and also with people attackin your rear. (only really works when carrying out general piracy...not really for set missions)Try and get about 10/20 Km's away, using your thruster override, this should getrid of a couple of your persuars then turn. You will be going head on now. Use an imaging module (if you have one yet) to get a few shots in early. Then as you fly towards them shoot head on. And if they survive, turn quickly to hit them at there undefended point. Incidently if my advice makes no sence, just have a look at the tactics part of this site.