Waypoints and overriding L-points

More
21 years 7 months ago #17542 by Olmen
I was wondering if there's some way to add a waypoint for, say Eureka. Every time I want to go there I have to select it trough the starmap and it takes unecessary time. Can I just select Eureka once, program the l-points i want to use and then keep it on my contact list until I don't need it anymore..

And another thing. SOmetimes when I choose to autopilot to one place the autopilot takes me to an l-point at first. This is quite annyoing since I'm sure it would be faster to just go to that place directly. How can I override this?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 7 months ago #2734 by Flamineo

originally posted by Olmen
Can I just select Eureka once, program the l-points i want to use and then keep it on my contact list until I don't need it anymore..

1. Install the latest patch and either the Location Finder or Location Finder Plus (with UniGUI) mods for an alphabetically-sorted, filterable list of system entities on which you can set waypoints from a GUI.
2. There're also a couple of waypoint utility mods you might want to look at if you want to do something more complex with persistent waypoints. I believe all these mods are available on SoupDragon's download pages.
3. Install MultiMod and my Contact Filter mod, which you can configure to make your normal contact list display all L-points or stations in your current system instead of ships (also missiles, which can be handy, and rocks, which can't, to be honest -- wait for GrandpaTrout to release his mining rig).

SOmetimes when I choose to autopilot to one place the autopilot takes me to an l-point at first. This is quite annyoing since I'm sure it would be faster to just go to that place directly. How can I override this?

1. Point at target, engage LDS, accelerate. Intervening planets == hazardous.
2. Increase the value of lp_queueing_distance_equiv in flux.ini -- this is the distance above which the routing AI looks for shortcuts through L-points. Note that it affects NP ships as well as you, and as such may cause script errors in a few missions that rely on the default routing code to cause mission-critical L-point jumps. In other words, comment out the original value, and restore it if you come across a mission that seems to be broken by ships not jumping when they should.
3. Let the autopilot take you to the L-point. Once you're there, disengage the autopilot, manually target the L-point, select a jump destination from NAV, and fly through the L-point yourself -- you still get the autopilot routing, but you don't have to bother queueing to jump.
4. Use the custom loadout GUI in the hangar to remove your capsule drive -- there's nothing saying you have to have it installed. Obviously, this isn't much use unless you're planning to stay in the same system you launch in.

Hope that helps, and have fun!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.