file Ship Equipment listing / order

More
7 years 4 months ago #20481 by ataraiym
OK - Now that I can successfully get pods in reasonable quantity (Thanks IronDuke!) I'm now getting offers to trade for equipment, the problem is I cannot tell which way round the grading orders are, because I cannot find any stats for the general ship equipment, here or anywhere else (all weapons and missiles etc are listed on this site).

Do the names and numbers go backwards or forwards?

i.e: Is a Gamma Heatsink, better or worse than a Beta?
Is a Repair System 2 better than a 1 or the other way around?

It would really help to know as right now I'm still in the stock (slightly modified) tug.

!(>..<)!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #20482 by IronDuke
Alpha < Beta < Gamma < Delta < Omega.
1 < 2 < 3 < 4 < 5.

--IronDuke

P.S. The "<" is a less-than sign, not a progression arrow. :V

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
7 years 4 months ago #20484 by ataraiym
Ok thanks Iron

I know the greek alpha beta gamma etc, but it just confused me that the game would start with a gamma heatsink and type 2 repair, etc right off the bat.

That doesn't leave a lot for improvements.

!(>..<)!

More
7 years 4 months ago #20485 by Chessking
The Tug might not be able to function well on less than a gamma heatsink, so the ship producers wouldn't sell a Tug with an alpha heatsink. So the heatsinks aren't just upgrades.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
7 years 4 months ago #20486 by IronDuke
Alpha heatsink is insufficient for the tug, and the beta heatsink becomes insufficient if you put a lot of quad-lite PBCs on there, so the ship comes with a gamma heatsink. However, it does not come with an autorepair 2. The version it comes with is number 1, and you get number 2 in the trade screen (genuine plot spoiler)
Warning: Spoiler!

They may not seem like improvements, but the various heatsinks and autorepairs are quite steeply better, as well as quite a lot more expensive. Getting the autorepair class 5, for example, is very expensive.

You know, I think I'll create an account on Space Sim Central so I can answer any I-War2 related questions people may have there too, since it's bigger than here. B)

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bozobub

More
7 years 4 months ago #20487 by Bozobub
That's a good idea. In fact, perhaps you should promote this site a little there, as well, and both may benefit from a little more traffic :) .