file My Lego Patcom

More
7 years 4 months ago #20461 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic My Lego Patcom
Yes, that is instantly recognizable as an I-War ship. :cheer: I feel like the nose is kinda long in terms of the way NSO designs their ships, and the thruster region feels rickety whereas it's usually the most solid part of an I-War ship, but that is otherwise entirely legit.
I know I have a couple pics of that LEGO ship laying around somewhere... but that was years ago. I have no clue which of my many storage devices they are on, or whether they're still on my dad's camera, or what. I'll do a search.

You know, when I was designing the main player ship for my own space game, I built it in LDD first as it's an easier experience than 3d modelling it when you have to make a bazillion changes. Lemme find a pic of that too.

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #20462 by Tyutyu
Replied by Tyutyu on topic My Lego Patcom
About the nose...

Long answer: I based my model on a NSO-929x Dreadnaught Class Corvette. Then I enhanced the size of the thrusters to I-War 2 NSO-1950a Tachyon Class Advanced Patcom level. All was fine until I had to design the mid section. That is when I found out, that I kicked myself in the groin because there are no Lego parts to properly emulate the flat and wide saucer mid section I wanted. So I had to decrease the Command section width not to murder the saucer section :(

Short answer: I agree. The nose is long/Not wide enough.

About the Thruster:

I wanted it to be big, complicated. Rickety?? Well...mmmm.... we can say that it was intentional haha :P

More
7 years 4 months ago #20463 by IronDuke
Darn, can't find any pictures of the LEGO corvette. I know they're on my old Pentium 4... the one with a virus that prevents using the hard drive... >.> And the SD card on the camera has been wiped like fifteen times since taking the pictures. Sorry about that.
I did manage to get these two pictures though. The first one is an early iteration of the main player ship in my own space game. The second is a horrifying hybrid of the I-War 2 Nova class cruiser, the I-War 2 mod ship Duelist class corvette, and the Battlestar Galactica. This thing is called the Hypernova class juggernaut, and in my space game will be around 10km long.

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)
Attachments:

More
7 years 4 months ago #20472 by Bozobub
Replied by Bozobub on topic My Lego Patcom
Does the software you're using auto-design models in Lego for you, or what? That's amazingly cool, if so.

More
7 years 4 months ago #20473 by IronDuke
It's basically LEGO Simulator 2016. :P It's actually called LEGO Digital Designer, link here .
You have a palette containing darn near every brick LEGO has ever made. You select a brick, and place it in the scene. You can continue building, one brick at a time. That's right, I designed both those ships myself, brick by brick.

--IronDuke

More
7 years 4 months ago #20474 by Bozobub
Replied by Bozobub on topic My Lego Patcom
Sweet!