Edge of Chaos, Firefly, and Firefly: The Game

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #19943 by Sarxis
Ever since I started watching Firefly (didn't pick up the series until after Serenity was released), I can't help notice some parallels between it and I-War2. I used to play the Firefly soundtrack when playing EoC a lot back in the day.

Well now there's Firefly: The Game - a boardgame that I've been really enjoying that stays true to the TV series, and gives me that 'badlands cluster pirating' feel.

I highly recommend it if you like tabletop gaming at all.

www.fireflythegame.com/
boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/138161/firefly-game

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #19944 by Chessking
I was introduced to Firefly when I saw the game in a friend's house. I haven't played it, but it looks awesome! If I had a 3-d printer, I would print out EOC ships, and create customized cards for them.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 5 months ago #19945 by 7upMan
Have you ever heard of Firefly Online ( keepflying.com/ )? I was quite looking forward to this game, however, since August the website stopped being updated. Not sure what this means. :-/

More
8 years 5 months ago #19946 by Sarxis
I've seen some links about the online game, but I haven't seen the game itself. I keep seeing the 'Cortex' companion app links on Steam, but that is all.

More
8 years 4 months ago #19958 by schmatzler
Looks like they posted again :)

Wouldn't call a project dead after not posting for a few weeks :P After all, this website came back after years of not doing anything :D

Space. The final frontier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AdmiralZeratul

More
8 years 4 months ago #19982 by 7upMan
I really wonder what's going on behind their scenes. To this day, I don't really have an idea how this game will play, I don't really know anything. They could at least show what they have - which hopefully is more than just a bunch of CGI screens and concept art.