How much armor to those freakin' stations have!?

More
22 years 22 hours ago #17361 by Keiichi
I recently installed the Station Assault mod, thinking that my Fusion missiles would make destroying stations easier than falling off a log, only to discover that it took a whopping 15 missiles to destroy a station, even with each missile dealing 1,000 damage with a penetration of 500 and an anti-matter explosion that supposedly "takes out anything and everything". Naturally, I assumed that the stations were just extremely well-armored, so I modified the missiles to deal 50,000 damage with a penetration of 5,000. Much to my surprise, it still took upwards of 15 missiles to do the job. Curious, I moved in and unloaded on the now-defenseless station with 2 fully-charged mining lasers, and fired my dual quad-light PBCs into it's hull plates for what must have been 60 seconds or more. Suprisingly, it didn't even seem like I made a dent.

I'm assuming that something just isn't working right. There's no way that these stations can be that well-armored. Anyone know what's going on?

-Keiichi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 years 20 hours ago #1583 by Keiichi
I don't get it. I set the Fusion missile's damage as high as 1,000,000,000 and it still only takes off one notch from the station's it points, at most, yet I remote link to a patcom and ram it into the station at roughly 750m/s and it takes the station out in one hit.

I'm guessing that the missile simply isn't hitting the station and it's relying more on it's shockwave to deal damage.

-Keiichi

More
22 years 20 hours ago #1584 by SoupDragon
I guess the stations were never meant to be destroyed so they probably don't follow the general rules. I mean you never see a shield reaction when you hit them. Maybe you should ask the guy who wrote the Assault Mod.

More
22 years 19 hours ago #1587 by EricMan64
Did you open up the station templates to see what health and armor is listed?

More
22 years 17 hours ago #1589 by Shane
Shockwaves don't hurt stations much. In station assault mode I fired four anti-matter REM missles at a station with a total of 4 points damage. There must be something in the code that modifies the damage stations take due to explosions.

More
22 years 7 hours ago #1592 by StoneDeadViking
I been thinking about this whole station armor & health busines, and it occurs to me that the station I blew up was a Marauder station that was designed to be blown up, could be that's why it's so bloody hard (even with the StationAssault mod) to destroy the other ones because they were never meant to be destroyed in the fist place.
I don't know, maybe i'm on to something, but then again probably not.
Just an idea.

"Overreacting conveys
understanding, hmm sounds better in danish.
Overdrivelse fremmer forståelsen.:D

"Overreacting conveys
understanding, hmm sounds better in danish.
Overdrivelse fremmer forståelsen.[:D]