Playing EoC again

More
16 years 7 months ago #19023 by Suvetar
Playing EoC again was created by Suvetar
Hi Everyone;

Wow I forgot just how amazing this game is - even out of the box with no mods; it looks gorgeous, plays smootly and feels so alive.

The only issue I have is about screen resolutions - my monitor is a 21" TFT (Viewsonic 201s) attached to a Geforce 6800ultra.

First of all; the orange glow of the nebula that your base is in for the first part of the game makes it incredibly hard to read anything - TFTs have a problem with contrast differences like that, especially between Yellows and Reds
So...How can I change the UI colours to say, Terminal Green, like I've seen on some screenshots?

Secondly, at 1600x1200, there's a lot of screen real estate but the ingame UI looks very small in comparison. Is there a way that I can either increase the size of the HUD readouts, or perhaps make the Contact list display more entrys ?

Wow I love this game so much I forgot how good it is to play it, with my Sidewinder FF joystick!!! but it breaks my heart that Particle Systems are no more - Does anyone ask how much it would be to buy the licence for this game, or who to petition to get a new game made?
I ask because there is a currently a new interest in Space games and appears to be a few getting Released, "Space Force: Rogue universe" for example. If there was a new game just as comprehensive and as beautiful as EoC is now, it would go platinum!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #16605 by BlasterMaster555
Replied by BlasterMaster555 on topic Playing EoC again
Well, you'll just have to play at 800x600 (half size of monitor) so you can see stuff. 1600x1200... WOW!

All power to the engines!!!

All power to the engines!!!

More
16 years 7 months ago #16607 by Suvetar
Replied by Suvetar on topic Playing EoC again
I think I'll just squint :D I know the station moves later on, but for now - its just hard to read anything that's printed in the Effrit.

Yeah though, EoC looks amazing at that resolution - especially with full filtering and antialiasing on!

I forgot how good this game is, even at its age it beats the likes of Darkstar one and Space Forge: Rogue universe' hands down!

Oh yeah, I found the the opening movie from the first game whilst browsing through YouTube; Does anyone know or can link me to some info about getting it to work in Windows XP ?
I know you have to use a Glide Wrapper; but that's about it [8)]

More
16 years 6 months ago #16664 by Lionheart
Replied by Lionheart on topic Playing EoC again

... it beats the likes of Darkstar one and Space Forge: Rogue universe' hands down!
lol! -I've just bought these two games!
(have to finish EoC for the n'th time first though. ;0)

If you ever read this, I may be able to help w. the opengl wrapper, but I'll need you to answer here, first ;0)

You live and you learn; some just choose not to.

You live and you learn; some just choose not to.