Cargo Taging

More
18 years 2 months ago #18727 by Ivil
Cargo Taging was created by Ivil
well as in tutorial clay say that 'i can tag cargo that i want' but i cant find binding for this anywhere. only when i use 'call jafs' they are tagged automaticly ( not all crates only those near me. so is it possible to manualy tag crates ? i know this might sound kinda dumb sorry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 2 months ago #14791 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Cargo Taging
Get within 5km of the cargo you want to tag and select it with the Target key "T". Then use the Subtarget key "Y" to tag it for pickup. Press "Y" again to untag it.

Good hunting.

More
18 years 2 months ago #14793 by Ivil
Replied by Ivil on topic Cargo Taging
thank you !

More
16 years 7 months ago #16608 by Suvetar
Replied by Suvetar on topic Cargo Taging
Indeed, Thank you!

I'm glad it was an intuitive key option .... not [8D]

More
16 years 7 months ago #16615 by Odomus
Replied by Odomus on topic Cargo Taging
Also be careful... T also works as an Untagger/Tagger too, if you use < and > to cycle through without using the T or using the T you can quickly and Inadvertally untag something without knowing it... Kinda sucks but it has happen to me... and I i wasent paying attention at all.

Frainkly I found it eaiser to get within/below 10km and just hit 'J' and make Jafs auto tag 20 of them(this is if you have the Jafs mod thingy which is 100x better than the stock one), and let him do it manually, and not me saves time and brain power so I can work on the next Trans to single out them and group their cargo together for another pick up.

IM me I get bored really quick!

IM me I get bored really quick!

More
16 years 7 months ago #16622 by JT
Replied by JT on topic Cargo Taging
That's possible in unmodded I-War2.

Specifically:

1) If you want specific cargo, tag them individually by subtargetting, then call Jafs. He'll pick up only those items that are tagged. Once he gets a full load, he'll head back to the base. Wait a while and call him again to pick up the rest of the tagged items, if any are left.
2) If you don't care what you get, just call Jafs when there's cargo in the area. You'll automatically tag everything. You can untag a few things before he arrives, in case you don't want another load of value 1000 grain.

I found the specific tagging kinda intuitive, but that's because I have the cargo tagging mapped to the Big Red Button on my joystick. Tap that button and the target beneath my crosshairs is selected. Tap that button again to subtarget a ship or tag cargo.

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.