Help from the author of The Meeting

More
18 years 5 months ago #18647 by They_HunGer
Hi guys, im pretty embarrased to ask the author for this,:D:D
im doing reseach on short stories... havent finished this yet.

but can the author site some of the following:

Title: The Meeting(of course)
Author:
Setting:
Characters:
Plot/Summary:
Conflict:
Climax:
Anti Climax:
Ending:
Theme:
Atmosphere:
Moral Lesson:

ok forget about the moral lesson;)

thanks in advance:p:p:p:p

Its not about you dying for your country... its about making your enemies die for theirs.

~C.C. Rocks~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14180 by Mklangelo
Is this where you go to do your homework? LOL

Dammit Cal...

Dammit Cal...

More
18 years 5 months ago #14190 by Hot4Darmat
I'm not sure that The Meeting qualifies as a short story. It's kind of long-ish. Try 'Out in the Cold'...its more of a true short story.

Anyway, I'll fill in the basics, and you can go back and flesh stuff out.

Title: The Meeting
Author: Duncan Day
Setting: Fictional futuristic setting (science fiction) based on the Independence War PC game in which there is a conflict between a central star-spanning commonwealth, and outlying colonies struggling for independence under the oppressive government.
Characters: Captain William Ferris, Lieutenant Kenji Iwamasa, Lieutenant Ravindran, Lieutenant "Mac" McMichael, Ted Allbright, Lieutenant Yves Dupuis, Colonel "Barber" Carr, Lieutenant Skarsgaard, Captain Yevgienyi Volochkov, Captain Emile Lejeunne, Lieutenant Edwina Bates, Ensign Rennie North, Colonel Chen, Vice Admiral Wexler, Quartermaster Colin MacDuff, and of course Senators Ledbetter and Hartwick.
Plot/Summary: Good guys get into bad situation. Things look desperate. They prevail. Lots of shit gets blown up. Some good guys turn out to be bad guys. Some bad guys turn out to be good guys. More shit gets blown up. The End.
Conflict: Strength of one's conviction and certitude of purpose versus morally bankrupt and corrupt manipulations and machinations. Doing what you know is right versus doing what you're told.
Climax: Big huge shit maybe blowing up when you're stuck right next to it.
Anti Climax: Getting away from blowing-up shit just in the nick of time, but having to suffer anyway because no one believes you're the big friggin' hero you actually are.
Ending: Reunion of crew. Boy gets girl. Boy kisses girl. Bad guys don't get their way (but they don't really get punished either). About 7000 innocent people are still dead anyway.
Atmosphere: Corny. Space action. Dark and tense with weak attempts at humour.
Moral Lesson: Never try to write huge fan fiction projects in a copyrighted proprietary fictional setting. Only a handful of people will read it and fewer will bother to say anything about it positive or negative. Just kidding. It was done for fun and love of the game.

btw, They_Hunger...I lost you mailing address. If you'd like to receive a bound copy of the book send the full snail mail address to me and I'll put a copy in the mail for you.

More
18 years 4 months ago #14212 by They_HunGer
Here you are: 037 Plaridel St. Kidapawan City, 9400 Philippines.

sorry for the long reply.

many thanks!

Its not about you dying for your country... its about making your enemies die for theirs.

~C.C. Rocks~